swiftkey flow, wow

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Well in theory the space thing is the only real difference...and you don't have to use it.. but Swype and swift feel so different in use for me.. to each their own?

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well in theory the space thing is the only real difference...and you don't have to use it.. but Swype and swift feel so different in use for me.. to each their own?

You say "swype and swift feel so different in use for me" but I was just curious as to why swype would feel different than swiftkey flow and they do the exact same thing. To each their own of course but when you say "I tried it yesterday and I hated it" and it does the same thing thing as swype, I was just asking what was the difference that would make you hate it? Maybe you just like swype because you used it first.

I am Samsungma Bin Laden, Leader of the Android taliban. I will blow up 1000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You say "swype and swift feel so different in use for me" but I was just curious as to why swype would feel different than swiftkey flow and they do the exact same thing. To each their own of course but when you say "I tried it yesterday and I hated it" and it does the same thing thing as swype, I was just asking what was the difference that would make you hate it? Maybe you just like swype because you used it first.

I am Samsungma Bin Laden, Leader of the Android taliban. I will blow up 1000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android

Good point, to "hate" is a very strong word that would indicate that there must be something really terrible about it that would evoke hate.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Good point, to "hate" is a very strong word that would indicate that there must be something really terrible about it that would evoke hate.

My point exactly. If it does the same thing as what he's using now, What would generate the hate?

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
It was horrible at fixing my typos, it only gave three alternatives, i didn't like the keyboard layout which is significantly different, more cluttered and the letters are smaller than in Swype. Yes you drag your fingers but that's the only similarity they share

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It was horrible at fixing my typos, it only gave three alternatives, i didn't like the keyboard layout which is significantly different, more cluttered and the letters are smaller than in Swype. Yes you drag your fingers but that's the only similarity they share

There is option to make keys big. One of the many reasons I love it. Since last update the auto correct is great, not just word predictions, true auto correct.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
There is option to make keys big. One of the many reasons I love it. Since last update the auto correct is great, not just word predictions, true auto correct.

zmann which last update are you referring to?? you mean samsung default keyboard now has true auto correct??

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Now you're presenting some things that can justify why you don't like it. I can understand that because the layout of swiftkey and the stock keyboard are very different and some things will take getring used to if you switched from one to the other. I can see why some dislike might arise in that case

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Now you're presenting some things that can justify why you don't like it. I can understand that because the layout of swiftkey and the stock keyboard are very different and some things will take getring used to if you switched from one to the other. I can see why some dislike might arise in that case
I also tried Swype once but went back to Swiftkey. I actually didn't like SwiftKey until the flow feature was added. I like being able to flow or type uninterrupted. I do like the Swype feature of swyping above the keyboard for capital letters. And while I love the flow through space feature also, it just doesn't work for correcting text. I mean if you have to lift your finger to capture the correct word, then you are no longer continuously flowing. There are actually many things that I don't like about Swiftkey for typing but still, the flow feature has me hooked.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

Do you get notifications of updates or do you just have to manually check the website?

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
zmann which last update are you referring to?? you mean samsung default keyboard now has true auto correct??

I am talking about swiftkey flow and the update was when it went from beta to final version. There was a noticeable difference including some new themes. I have subscribed like many others to the swiftkey website and the new beta versions come via email when you subscribe.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I am talking about swiftkey flow and the update was when it went from beta to final version. There was a noticeable difference including some new themes. I have subscribed like many others to the swiftkey website and the new beta versions come via email when you subscribe.

ah... i thought you were talking about an update to the samsung keyboard and its ability to finally have true autocorrect. oh well. yes, definitely like the final version for swiftkey. too bad they still didn't address the problem of it not going back to the default keyboard when the note2 reboots.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
ah... i thought you were talking about an update to the samsung keyboard and its ability to finally have true autocorrect. oh well. yes, definitely like the final version for swiftkey. too bad they still didn't address the problem of it not going back to the default keyboard when the note2 reboots.

Actually before I made swiftkey the default keyboard it would revert back to stock every time I rebooted and or cleared apps running in app manager. Thats weird

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Actually before I made swiftkey the default keyboard it would revert back to stock every time I rebooted and or cleared apps running in app manager. Thats weird

yup. swiftkey has got a running discussion on this... apparently since the app is a paid app (as opposed to free), this is causing some issues on the developer side and causes the samsung keyboard to go back to default after a note2 restart. if swiftkey remains free (or in beta), this doesn't happen. it's when it goes to paid that it doesn't keep the default after a restart.

ecs180

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
enjoyed tweaking the settings on this keyboard (the paid one). added the row of arrows to the bottom which raised the keyboard up a little bit making it more comfortable to type and hold

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey is the best hands down