03-19-2013 10:31 AM
37 12
tools
    So i've installed swiftkey since i got my note2 (mid-January) and then installed the update to swiftkey4. i finally tried flow today for the first time because i'm such a dinosaur about using the keyboard the old fashioned way, and... holy cow! i'm responding to texts and hitting send so quickly it's absolutely scary. have you all tried flow??? i wonder why it took me weeks just to try it out. but now that i'm here, i'm going to have a hard time going back!
    03-13-2013 01:50 PM
    So i've installed swiftkey since i got my note2 (mid-January) and then installed the update to swiftkey4. i finally tried flow today for the first time because i'm such a dinosaur about using the keyboard the old fashioned way, and... holy cow! i'm responding to texts and hitting send so quickly it's absolutely scary. have you all tried flow??? i wonder why it took me weeks just to try it out. but now that i'm here, i'm going to have a hard time going back!
    I also use Swiftkey and tried Flow but, I just can't get a feel for it. Swiftkey is by far the BEST keyboard replacement hands down!
    03-13-2013 02:05 PM
    I use SwiftKey Flow, it is good. Not perfect though, but after some practice, it is well worth it for me, especially since I got it free.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-13-2013 02:21 PM
    Been using SwiftKey for a couple of years now and the latest version is great. They just keep getting better and better.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    03-13-2013 04:51 PM
    Swiftkey flow is really awesome!

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums
    makaroni likes this.
    03-13-2013 05:00 PM
    I bought SwiftKey Flow, but I don't use the Flow feature. I've tried it multiple times, but I just can't get used to it. I type much faster in rapid mode. When ever I try to use Flow I'm always thinking way too much which slows me down.
    03-13-2013 05:39 PM
    My issue with flow is that as u drag your fingers across the screen, you block your own view of the letter you want to reach.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    03-13-2013 05:44 PM
    I have always used Swiftkey and I absolutely love it. I will not switch keyboards anytime soon .

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    03-13-2013 06:42 PM
    I love swiftkey. I've been using it for about a year. I had tried different swype keyboards and I was terrible with them. I still use the regular keyboard most of the time but I leave my phone sitting next to me on my desk all day and it's easy to reach over and use flow without having to change to another keyboard. SwiftKey is great. Best value in the app store.

Sent from my Really Big Phone
    03-13-2013 06:42 PM
    The stock version called "continuous flow", works just as well as flow from Swiftkey.
    If I'm not mistaken, Samsung was the first to introduce this feature!
    03-13-2013 08:10 PM
    The stock version called "continuous flow", works just as well as flow from Swiftkey.
    I don't know if they were the first or not. I thought Motorola may have had it too. I can't remember. You are correct though that the stock swype feature works just as well but since I switch from typing to swype so often I would much rather use swiftkey since the overall experience is better imo. One more example of why android is great. Pick a keyboard style and you still have choices within that style.

03-13-2013 09:24 PM
    By the way, any tips on using Flow? I'm willing to give in another shot, and maybe this time get some hints on how to use it properly.
    03-13-2013 09:32 PM
    By the way, any tips on using Flow? I'm willing to give in another shot, and maybe this time get some hints on how to use it properly.
    I couldn't get it the first time either. But when I tried it again, I just went slow. And seeing the flow trail was very helpful. It really is another way of typing so give yourself a chance to learn it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-14-2013 03:09 AM
    The advantage with SwiftKey keyboard is the predictions. There are others that have flow like ability

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-14-2013 07:50 AM
    I couldn't get it the first time either. But when I tried it again, I just went slow. And seeing the flow trail was very helpful. It really is another way of typing so give yourself a chance to learn it.

This. I was all over the place with it until I slowed down. Now that I'm getting better with it I am moving faster. It just took some time. Now I can go almost as fast as I can type.

03-14-2013 08:28 AM
    Hmm, I notice I Flow much better using my thumb. I was always trying it with my index, and it just felt wrong and slow. Using my thumb has been much more successful.

I guess I'm just used to texting with my thumb that it feels more natural. Might keep using Flow for a bit, seems to be progressing nicely now.
    03-14-2013 11:11 PM
    It's really quite addicting using Flow. The prediction is so right on. I use my thumb much more too. Just for this reason I'll look into the s4 just so I can hold a slightly smaller phone for truly one handed op. Or maybe a HTC one..

03-15-2013 06:52 AM
    When I first started using it I felt the the same way. I truly think it's the best way to type. And for the people who say while you're using flow that it blocks your view of where the letters are on the keyboard, if you were proficient at typing before you tried flow then you should already know where all the letters are on the keyboard. I look at the keyboard but I already know where my finger is going next. Keep practicing and you'll fall in love with it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    gnr_2 likes this.
    03-15-2013 07:01 AM
    I prefer Swype over swift key flow..i tried it yesterday and i hated it..it actually made me cranky lol..
    kkapoorr likes this.
    03-15-2013 09:12 PM
    I prefer Swype over swift key flow..i tried it yesterday and i hated it..it actually made me cranky lol..
    What does swype do that flow doesn't?

I am Samsungma Bin Laden, Leader of the Android taliban. I will blow up 1000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android
    03-15-2013 10:42 PM
    Well in theory the space thing is the only real difference...and you don't have to use it.. but Swype and swift feel so different in use for me.. to each their own?
    03-16-2013 03:45 AM
    Well in theory the space thing is the only real difference...and you don't have to use it.. but Swype and swift feel so different in use for me.. to each their own?
    You say "swype and swift feel so different in use for me" but I was just curious as to why swype would feel different than swiftkey flow and they do the exact same thing. To each their own of course but when you say "I tried it yesterday and I hated it" and it does the same thing thing as swype, I was just asking what was the difference that would make you hate it? Maybe you just like swype because you used it first.

I am Samsungma Bin Laden, Leader of the Android taliban. I will blow up 1000 iPhones to prove my loyalty to Android
    03-16-2013 04:46 AM
    You say "swype and swift feel so different in use for me" but I was just curious as to why swype would feel different than swiftkey flow and they do the exact same thing. To each their own of course but when you say "I tried it yesterday and I hated it" and it does the same thing thing as swype, I was just asking what was the difference that would make you hate it? Maybe you just like swype because you used it first.

Good point, to "hate" is a very strong word that would indicate that there must be something really terrible about it that would evoke hate.

makaroni likes this.
    03-16-2013 07:54 AM
    Good point, to "hate" is a very strong word that would indicate that there must be something really terrible about it that would evoke hate.

My point exactly. If it does the same thing as what he's using now, What would generate the hate?

03-16-2013 08:23 AM
    It was horrible at fixing my typos, it only gave three alternatives, i didn't like the keyboard layout which is significantly different, more cluttered and the letters are smaller than in Swype. Yes you drag your fingers but that's the only similarity they share
    gnr_2 likes this.
    03-18-2013 07:23 AM
37 12