Been rocking iphones since day one...been really disappointed in the iphone 5 so I traded my 6 month old 5 for a 2 week old note2
    It's tough to get used to android os but im getting better each day.

One thing I catch myself really missing is the "tap at top of screen" to get a quick scroll to the top page....of course if you try that on the note2 it just wants to open the notification bar.
    Is there an option like this for the note2? I know the swiping your finger works but its not as nice as apples way. .

Thanks!
    03-13-2013 06:32 PM
    The GN2 is supposed to have tap to move to the top of a list but I can't get it to work. Also I'm not sure what kind of lists are eligible. See Settings-Motion- Double tap to top.

Riding a Note 2 blast
    03-13-2013 06:44 PM
    I too am a recent iPhone 5 user. I haven't converted completely yet, I still use both, but I used the tap at the top of the screen a lot and especially in Twitter apps. I use Carbon for Android and constantly want to tap the top of the screen to get to the top of my timeline. Other than that I'm loving my GN2. I forgot how much I love SwiftKey. :-)

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    03-13-2013 06:54 PM
    I think android users are expected to comprehend reading the web page the first time and that there is no reason to "re read life." Lol!
    03-13-2013 07:08 PM
    The GN2 is supposed to have tap to move to the top of a list but I can't get it to work. Also I'm not sure what kind of lists are eligible. See Settings-Motion- Double tap to top.

Riding a Note 2 blast
    This feature is a bit gimmicky.
    If you go to your contacts list, and tap the top of the phone, it will scroll up.
    Haven't found any other lists where this works though

Sent from my GT-N7100
    universeand likes this.
    03-13-2013 07:42 PM
    If you go to your contacts list, and tap the top of the phone, it will scroll up.

Sent from my GT-N7100
    Yeah, that did work. Thanks.

As you suggest, it would be nice if it worked generally. Actually that would be really nice.
    03-13-2013 09:07 PM
    Been rocking iphones since day one...been really disappointed in the iphone 5 so I traded my 6 month old 5 for a 2 week old note2
    It's tough to get used to android os but im getting better each day.

One thing I catch myself really missing is the "tap at top of screen" to get a quick scroll to the top page....of course if you try that on the note2 it just wants to open the notification bar.
    Is there an option like this for the note2? I know the swiping your finger works but its not as nice as apples way. .

Thanks!
    Try double tapping the very top edge of the phone case not the display. As above the only place seen to work is with a long Contact list.

Related to this the Boat browser has a nice feature of allowing you to rapidly scroll to the top or bottom of a long web page when you rapidly scroll the page in either direction. A virtual button appears that you can push that performs the full up or down scroll..
    03-13-2013 09:12 PM

Sent from my GT-N7100
    As an iPhone convert too, I can't disagree more about it being a gimmick. I used that feature so much. One feature I really miss.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    03-14-2013 01:58 AM
    As an iPhone convert too, I can't disagree more about it being a gimmick. I used that feature so much. One feature I really miss.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    as a convert too, something you'll miss is the uniformity in app navigation. iOS had that down: if you could tap the clock at the top in one app in iOS, then it'll work in all apps. so when someone says android is highly customizable, the translation is: it is not uniform in its application. so it's a trade-off. i never thought of customizing the app notification badges before (but then again, i never thought I'd have to download two different notification apps just to get the badges in the first place).

i think of android as having ms-dos like navigation, with windows looks and glitchiness. thank goodness we don't have to reset himem on our note2 to play a graphics intensive game.
    Chris Flowers likes this.
    03-14-2013 08:02 AM
    Absolutely agree. The Mac compared to Windows is the same way. Consistent throughout. not perfect but much more consistent than anything else. Tap to the top is far from a gimmick, it is very widely used.

as a convert too, something you'll miss is the uniformity in app navigation. iOS had that down: if you could tap the clock at the top in one app in iOS, then it'll work in all apps. so when someone says android is highly customizable, the translation is: it is not uniform in its application. so it's a trade-off. i never thought of customizing the app notification badges before (but then again, i never thought I'd have to download two different notification apps just to get the badges in the first place).

i think of android as having ms-dos like navigation, with windows looks and glitchiness. thank goodness we don't have to reset himem on our note2 to play a graphics intensive game.
    03-14-2013 12:26 PM
    I read the comment that it's gimmicky, not that the feature was a gimmick, but that the way it is implemented in the Note 2, is gimmicky. Maybe I am wrong. If it worked consistently, it would be very useful.
    03-15-2013 07:42 PM

Very true. Incidentally which app are you using to display badges?
    03-16-2013 05:15 PM
    I had an iphone and came to a note 2. I do actually miss the tap ti scroll up feature on ios. However it's not ruining my life not having it because all the benefits of android far out weigh that one feature.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    ScandaLeX likes this.
    03-16-2013 05:20 PM
    Very true. Incidentally which app are you using to display badges?
    Im using teslaunread and missed it. They both have limitations. Such is life...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-17-2013 11:33 AM