hiding photos in Gallery

alankchan

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I read a post somwhere that adding a period "." in front of the folder name can prevent the folder from showing up in the Gallery app. I was wondering whether doing so will mess my my app? For example, if my app is set to save files to the folder "ABC", will renaming the folder make the app stop working as it cannot find the folder anymore.

Thanks,

Alan.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I read a post somwhere that adding a period "." in front of the folder name can prevent the folder from showing up in the Gallery app. I was wondering whether doing so will mess my my app? For example, if my app is set to save files to the folder "ABC", will renaming the folder make the app stop working as it cannot find the folder anymore.

Thanks,

Alan.

"You need to put a file named .nomedia in the folders you don't want Gallery to index!
Download it from here: nomedia.zip
Copy it to your phone and please note that it's a hidden file (because the name starts with a period) so use a file manager in "show hidden files" mode!
Then just copy that file into all the folders you want excluded from the gallery.
Then reboot." -XDA Developers [Q] How Hidden some album on Galaxy Note 2 - xda-developers

Also have you tried getting an app that hides albums, etc. ?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Just download hide it pro, also known as audio manager. U can hide pics videos contacts and text messages. Free n easy without having to rename stuff

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I use es file explorer and just create a file called .nomedia in any folder I don't want to see in gallery.

Renaming existing folders could really mess up applications

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01