Hi,
    I have imported encrypted certificate and in the process was requested to define pin code for the credential store. Little did I know that this will cause that every time I want to unlock my Note2 I will have to enter pin.
    When trying to change the way I unlock the phone I am only given choices to use even more advanced methods - pattern, pin and password. All other methods are disabled ( by administrator, who ever it is - the list of administrators is empty. So "swipe", "motion", "face"...and "none" options are disabled.
    It would be most helpful if anyone knows how to change back to swipe.
    I assume that this is all because of credential storage. There is an option to erase all certificates but I don't know if that applies to "all" or "all user certificates".
    I searched this forum, but alas, no answer.
    I'm with all this... hope someone help.
    03-14-2013 04:24 PM
    You're right, it has to do with the certificate and, fortunately/unfortunately (depending on your view), this forces some changes to your phone's security. My corporate e-mail, for instance, requires me to have nothing less than PIN-lock if I want it loaded onto my personal phone. The certificate you used acts in the same way; it deems that the information it provides is sensitive enough to enforce a security policy onto your phone (and to be fair, does tell you so from the beginning).

If you want no-PIN lock back, you need to remove the certificate, along with all the privileges or access it provided. No free lunch, I guess...
    03-14-2013 05:21 PM
    Unfortunatley, afer I removed the encrypted certificate I am still unable to remove pin-lock.
    I understand underlying security and it does make sense, but somehow I think it should still be configurable.
    03-17-2013 11:22 AM
    Did you try the credential storage,If not try deleting all of that...
    08-09-2013 04:45 AM
    best way to get back swipe or any other unlock
    menu-myfiles-android-data-delete
    trust me guys you will get back it for sure
    11-22-2014 12:32 PM
    You're right, it has to do with the certificate and, fortunately/unfortunately (depending on your view), this forces some changes to your phone's security. My corporate e-mail, for instance, requires me to have nothing less than PIN-lock if I want it loaded onto my personal phone. The certificate you used acts in the same way; it deems that the information it provides is sensitive enough to enforce a security policy onto your phone (and to be fair, does tell you so from the beginning).

If you want no-PIN lock back, you need to remove the certificate, along with all the privileges or access it provided. No free lunch, I guess...

Got the same problem with hamachi VPN certificate. How can I remove the certificate? I don't need it anymore.
    05-30-2016 09:46 AM