03-17-2013 03:10 PM
26 12
tools
    How many people are actually able to use the phone with one hand in normal day to day operations? I feel like I should be using my non dominant hand and hunting and pecking with my dominant hand. Or the s pen.

For those that have had the phone for a while, what have you found to be the best way?
    03-14-2013 05:29 PM
    I tried the one hand mode thing and I did not like it so I just started using the full keyboard one handed and it took me about a month to adjust. Now I have no problems with it but I also have very large hands xl golf glove (6' 5" 230)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-14-2013 05:34 PM
    I wasn't really referring to the one handed operation setting. I meant in general just using the phone. And I have small hands so it's kinda difficult.
    03-14-2013 06:23 PM
    I am able to use my phone pretty good with one hand my right hand more then my left. Left hand hurts a bit when I use it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-14-2013 07:23 PM
    Do you guys use the s pen at all?
    03-14-2013 07:34 PM
    I use my s pen mostly when I browse the Web or when I'm writing down notes

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-14-2013 08:14 PM
    I use the phone one handed a lot but not when typing. I hardly use the spen

sent from my galaxy note 2
    03-14-2013 08:49 PM
    I use the flygrip, it helps a lot with one handed operation, and helps to reduce aching hands. Typing, I can do with one hand, with SwiftKey Flow, but not preferable. I usually check email or browse with one hand when doing something else

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-14-2013 11:11 PM
    I use Swype, one hand it all the time. Rest the back of my phone on my fingertips and can reach the entire screen with my right thumb.

~swyped from my galaxy note 2 on the now network
    03-15-2013 11:52 AM
    Nope, my hands are too small to be hefting it in one hand. Even with the keyboard in one-handed operation, it just leads to more mistakes. I've placed the apps on the screen in strategic places for if I'm driving and have to make a call, get directions, etc. But for other extensive use? No way.
    Josphe72 likes this.
    03-15-2013 12:29 PM
    I use it one handed quite a bit. The combination of the PT case-stand, which i pull out to use sort of like the flygrip, the ability to move the keyboard over for one handed use, and wave launcher makes it pretty easy to do. Also using S-voice more than I thought i would.

I have been using the pen to jot down quick notes and phone numbers, I have it set to that when the pen is pulled out, the notepad pops up so its ready to do.
    03-15-2013 12:31 PM
    I consistently use it one handed with one handed mode off on everything but calculator and dialer. I like the bigger portrait keyboard for texting. When I'm typing something long, I either use 2 hands portrait, S Pen handwriting, or flip it to landscape. Sometimes I do what you described: hold it left hand and use the screen with my right. But after 2 months with the phone, I'm very used to the size and have gotten good at gripping in one handed when reaching for the top left corner.
    03-15-2013 04:57 PM
    I'm able to use it pretty easily. I'm only 5-10 too

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    03-15-2013 07:06 PM
    I'm interested as to why one-handed use is so important. Surely if you have both hands free you can use them? If you don't have both hands free then surely the phone can wait?
    I'm not trying to be stupid but I can't see why people make such a fuss about devices being hard to use one-handed.

Tom :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    rabernet and universeand like this.
    03-15-2013 07:17 PM
    I can't two hand it while I'm driving :rolleyes:

03-15-2013 07:19 PM

That's the only one I could think of... and of course, that's illegal ;-)

03-16-2013 06:19 PM
    I can do most everything with one hand if I have to, however, I use two hands most of the time. As others pointed out, most times I have two hands free. If I don't then the phone can wait. I have set things up so that I can get to the important apps or functions with one hand though. I tried the one handed function when I first got the phone and have not found the need to use it again. I am amazed at how I have adjusted to this phone.

If I'm typing out an email or text my favorite way is to hold the phone in my left hand and use swiftkey flow with my right or i just type with my thumbs. I also can't believe how much I like Flow. I never thought I would get good at swype and everyday I find myself using it more and more. I can even do that one handed now if needed. I do not have big hands.

Sent from my Really Big Phone
    universeand and TomsAndroid like this.
    03-16-2013 06:31 PM
    I'm interested as to why one-handed use is so important. Surely if you have both hands free you can use them? If you don't have both hands free then surely the phone can wait?
    I'm not trying to be stupid but I can't see why people make such a fuss about devices being hard to use one-handed.

Tom :-)

I use one handed operation when I carry my baby in one hand over my shoulder. Or sometimes when I want to check email while pushing the stroller

TomsAndroid likes this.
    03-16-2013 07:56 PM

Why not? Just drive with your thighs, calling and texting on one hand, and eating with the other hand.

TomsAndroid likes this.
    03-16-2013 07:58 PM
    That's the only one I could think of... and of course, that's illegal ;-)

Not if you do it on a private road

03-16-2013 07:58 PM
    I'm a 2 handed user but that's been the case with all my phones. Fingernails don't make one handed use possible.
    As far as the S-Pen, I use mine for everything; mainly my BT s-pen.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    03-16-2013 09:59 PM
    I'm able to use mine one handed with the help of the Pie Control app.
    I have my custom shortcuts to apps and various functions set to open from the right side of the screen, since I'm right handed.
    I have my favorite apps, back to Home, pull down notification shade, and recent apps window set in Pie Control.
    Makes one handed use a lot easier.
    03-16-2013 10:20 PM
    I can use it one handed pretty well but the case is so slippery I dont trust it unless im in the house I wouldn't walk down the road doing one handed.
    03-17-2013 04:10 AM
    Not if you do it on a private road

Or a long driveway :-D

03-17-2013 04:41 AM
    I'm a 2 handed user but that's been the case with all my phones. Fingernails don't make one handed use possible.
    As far as the S-Pen, I use mine for everything; mainly my BT s-pen.
    How do you like the BT S-pen? It looks like an interesting idea.
    03-17-2013 03:09 PM
26 12