03-30-2013 01:01 PM
53 123
tools
    I have had both the thunderbolt and the rezound. The Note2 satisfies all my needs and wants on such a device. Would had chosen now if didnt have it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Isn't that a good feeling? To be fully satisfied with every aspect of a device? Content with quad cores, gpu, display, features, battery life, signal, s pen, utilitys, everything! I also know the feeling.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Jude526 and AustinTech like this.
    03-19-2013 12:14 AM
    I'm not getting the S4. I read the reviews and from what I've seen the Note 2 is still the better device. One of the main reasons I would get the S4 is because it uses a pentile display. That's a let down. I did read that the display is color accurate but so is the Note 2's display if you go to movie mode and turn off the auto tone feature. The Note 2's display is more accurate then the iPhone 5's display. The Note 2's display also beat it in contrast as well. But I like the more vibrant colors so I keep my display on standard.

Also the whole bs idea that 1080p is going to be so much better. It's not on any display under 7" it's far more about the quality of the display and the Note 2 uses the RGB color Matrix rather then pentile like the S3 and S4. So the Note 2 has 2x the Sub pixels. That's why it's such a great looking display. I couldn't go back to pentile, White's and grays look the worst on pentile but you can notice it on all colors and one you notice it. It's hard to not notice it.

I've also read that the software gimmicks like scrolling with your eyes and going to a different Web tab with the flip of you're hand doesn't work most of the time and it's much faster to just touch the screen.

If anything I would get the Note 3 when that comes out at the end of the year but I don't have that feeling I had with other phones, I don't feel I need to upgrade at all.

I'm just so happy with the Note 2 and one we get 4.2.2 we will have even better battery life and more features. But I'm not even worried about that because I'm so happy with what I have now.

I also wouldn't want to go to a smaller screen that uses pentile...

Even if it wasn't pentile you would have to hold your phone at least 4 our 5" to you're face to notice the difference from 720p.

There are just far too many reasons to not get the S4 then there are to get the S4. The Note 2 will be Samsungs flagship device until the end of the year when the Note 3 comes out.

I could write page after page on why the Note 2 is still the best. But I know there are allot of people that will get the S4 just so they can have the newest device.

Then there is the S-pen. I've been using it more and more and I'm really loving what I can do. Like photo shop touch, it's a match made in heaven with the Note 2's S-pen. Anyway I've gotta stop, like I said. I could go on forever.

I love my Note 2 and it's the best, I'll leave it at that.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    GadgetgirL76 and Jude526 like this.
    03-19-2013 04:17 AM
    There's nothing out there or coming out soon that I'd give up my N2 for.

But why the hate for the S4 display? It's nothing like the S3 display. Have you seen it? People who have say the Diamond Matrix display is superior to the old pentile. It certainly has a lot more sub pixels.
    03-19-2013 09:59 AM
    Im happy too.. I have no desire for the gs4... I usually jump to the hottest phone too... But not this time.. I'll wait to see what features we get... The only phone out there i really like that tempt me is the htc one... But i just want blink feed.(can be solved if flip board made a full screen widget.. Maybe android should allow full screen widgets in 5.0) and Zoe camera options... But that's not enough for me to jump ship

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-19-2013 10:13 AM
    Even less need for you to read the thread and reply to it then. I'm interested to see peoples comments on this topic.

Don't really need to start a topic to just say you won't be getting it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    03-19-2013 11:08 AM
    I heard there was going to be a jellybean update released for the S3 and Note 2 that would include some of the features of the S4 sometime in June for ATT, has anyone else heard this? If that's the case I will wait another year to get the S4 because I love my S3!!!!
    03-19-2013 11:11 AM
    I heard there was going to be a jellybean update released for the S3 and Note 2 that would include some of the features of the S4 sometime in June for ATT, has anyone else heard this? If that's the case I will wait another year to get the S4 because I love my S3!!!!
    Well note 2 is getting android 5.0 too.
    03-19-2013 12:20 PM
    Im happy too.. I have no desire for the gs4... I usually jump to the hottest phone too... But not this time.. I'll wait to see what features we get... The only phone out there i really like that tempt me is the htc one... But i just want blink feed.(can be solved if flip board made a full screen widget.. Maybe android should allow full screen widgets in 5.0) and Zoe camera options... But that's not enough for me to jump ship
    Totally agree with you re Flipboard. It would be marvelous.
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-19-2013 01:03 PM
    Same here - won't give up my note2 for anything out there at the moment. Which is amazing, as I am often very curious about new devices and sometimes buy them just to find out what's new. Not since the first day with this one - I'm more than happy with it and will keep it until the note3 comes around and even then I will have to be convinced.
    the1m.polo and Jude526 like this.
    03-19-2013 02:32 PM
    I personally won't get the GS4. But my wife is due for an update. So when T Mobile announces it then I'm getting it for her. She is currently using the GS2 so this will be a great update for her.
    I love my Note 2
    03-19-2013 06:19 PM
    Nah don't see the point in getting it given that it doesn't have a stylus and worse battery life.

I must say though, I'm not overly impressed with the look and feel of Samsung phones. Recently saw the HTC One and it is the most beautiful phone I have ever seen. I just love the look and build quality. My perfect phone would probably be one that looks like the HTC One, perhaps slightly smaller than the Note 2 for better one handed use, and the Spen + Battery life of the note 2. Obviously a removable SD and battery would be nice too.
    the1m.polo likes this.
    03-19-2013 06:30 PM
    03-19-2013 06:48 PM
    The only thing I would trade my GN2 for is a GN3. I cant even barely use my friends iphones anymore because everything is so tiny!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.
    tirith likes this.
    03-21-2013 02:58 PM
    Considering a new phone when you've had this phone maybe 5 months is ridiculous. I've had my Note2 since the first day it was available and have never had a phone as close to being flawless as this one. Unless this thing turns into the 2nd coming of the htc blunderbolt I'll not even look at another phone for at least another year.
    03-24-2013 02:58 AM
    This is the first phone phone ive ever payed full price for. I was a diehard apple fanboy and had preordered both the iphone 4 and 5 and received both on launch day. I had quite a few problems with my 5 with software glitches and what not. Over all it was a great looking phone and imo the only part of the apple world that truely gets a makeover. Ios is basically the same since the 3g came out. Its tired and boring. I want features. Lots of them. Even if I dont use them all the time atleast I have the possibility.

Anyhow with all the rave reviews this phone got on basically every tech site you go to and the fact that my father gave up iphone to get the note 2 first giving me a chance to play with it, I instantly fell in love. Best move ive ever made I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-24-2013 12:31 PM
    There will always be something newer and better that is coming out. However, the note 2 is probably just as good as the s4, as it will prob get most of its features.
    03-24-2013 04:43 PM
    Like i said before ..if the note 2 gets some of these software advances the s4 toted, then the note 2 is the best thing out there! But would they really do this with the note 3 not being so far off? What's the draw for Samsung to do this? The s4 needs these things to stand out..ya know?
    03-24-2013 08:45 PM
    Like i said before ..if the note 2 gets some of these software advances the s4 toted, then the note 2 is the best thing out there! But would they really do this with the note 3 not being so far off? What's the draw for Samsung to do this? The s4 needs these things to stand out..ya know?
    Not really... there is nothing wrong with having everything the note has in a smaller package. Minus the pen its basically the same. To most people ive talked to the notes best feature is also its worst. Its to big. Not to me but I do hear it alot.

03-24-2013 11:53 PM
    To most people ive talked to the notes best feature is also its worst. Its to big. Not to me but I do hear it alot.

I just LOL to my friends and whoever says that my Note 2 is too big compared to their tiny assed iphones. The note 2 has the perfect size (well, to me, that is)
    03-25-2013 01:24 AM
    Coming from a tired old BlackBerry Torch 9810 that I'd had since August 2011, I was going to wait for the S4 even though I've been upgrade eligible since the beginning of the month. But the more I thought about it (I wanted a big screen and a big keyboard, among other things), the more I realized the Note 2 was a better fit for me. I won't be eligible for another upgrade until the end of October 2014, but I don't see any problems going 19 months with this phone. It's the best one out there, hands down. I'll probably wait until the Note 4 comes out to get a new one.
    03-25-2013 07:48 AM
    Why would a Note2 user want the S4?
    I can't compare them fairly. The Note series is still very different from the S series. Still prefer my Note2. But it will be a good seller. Samsung makes a great product

03-27-2013 08:00 PM
    Why would a Note2 user want the S4?
    I can't compare them fairly. The Note series is still very different from the S series. Still prefer my Note2. But it will be a good seller. Samsung makes a great product
    I may want it for the 1080P display. I need to decide how much better the higher definition is and if it is worth losing the screen size. But i unlike most people these days actually want to see the device before making a decision.
    TheOtherBill and lpt2569 like this.
    03-27-2013 09:14 PM
    I always check out a device first as well. And I also read a lot. I am loving my Note2 tho. Not looking any further

03-27-2013 09:56 PM
    I always check out a device first as well. And I also read a lot. I am loving my Note2 tho. Not looking any further

Maybe the Note 3 will have something you can't resist. :P

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    03-27-2013 09:58 PM
    I just LOL to my friends and whoever says that my Note 2 is too big compared to their tiny assed iphones. The note 2 has the perfect size (well, to me, that is)
    I'm glad I got the note, perfect size for me too. Just went 5 days with a loaner galaxy victory and.... yea, worst experience ever

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    Droid_Evo_8 likes this.
    03-28-2013 09:17 PM
53 123