not recieving text message

Jennifer Mercer

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Note 2 this past sunday and have not been able to receive text messages from iphone contacts. This is becoming very frustrating as I love the phone but must get this fixed in order to be able to keep the phone....Advise!!

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You need to disable iMessage. I don't know how because I never got sucked into iPhone, but there are tutorials on the internet you can find.

Donoghan

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
You need to disable iMessage. I don't know how because I never got sucked into iPhone, but there are tutorials on the internet you can find.

Yes, this. I can't remember how to do it, but you have to log into your apple id from a desktop/laptop and remove your phone number from being associated with iMessage. Otherwise when people text you from their iPhones and iMessage the messages do not get sent as texts to your new phone. It isn't your Note 2 that is causing the problem, it's Apple's iMessage and their lack of consideration in explaining that using it could result in problems like this in the future.

Good luck.

adamalter

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
lol I *just* went through this last night after temp using an iPhone 4 for a few weeks and moving to a Note 2.

Go to https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do

Hopefully I remembered it right. I was delusional by the time I figured it out. Tried all kinds of settings and profile changes people suggested, but I believe that's what ultimately did it, though it took a couple minutes.

Just in case, before that, I also launched iMessage and went to "Messages" "Preferences" and the "Accounts" tab to disable and sign out of iMessage. Also, went to "Settings" and "Message" to toggle it off on the iPhone. Not sure if those 2 things were necessary though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12