Text Shortcuts?

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyway to add text shortcuts? For example typing "spm" will produce "Spider-Man". I don't see this option listed anywhere.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
You might want to check out Smart Keyboard. This is an AutoText feature in Smart Keyboard.
It's the keyboard I use everyday on my device. I have quite a few shortcuts setup. For instance, my Email address, cell number, home address, email signatures.
I can quickly type things I need using custom letters I create. This was one of the things I liked the most when I used BlackBerry before coming over to Android.
I didn't want to give up that feature. Smart Keyboard made the transition from BlackBerry to Android easier for me.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I was hoping it was part of the OS and not part of the keyboard itself. I like using SwiftKey so not sure I'll be changing. I'll keep this in mind though if I find I'm really missing not having shortcuts. :)

Somebodyunfamous

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
In my android 4.whatever on an SGSII it is under Settings>language and input>samsung keyboard (gear)>predictive text (it's got a slidebar so it isn't intuitive that it's a whole new menu)>auto-substitution

I realize you posted this 6 months ago, but I knew I'd seen it before and it took me some time trying to find it. Figured this might help some other people if not you directly.

tinaure

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Sick of Apple and iPhone but want to transfer all my (thousands) of "shortcuts" to an Android - is that possible? From a previous thread I was trying to locate the "auto-substitution" on my boyfriend's Android Galaxy S4, but can't locate that. Found the "predictive text" but the reference to a sliding menu stumped me. Thanks, Tina

Tnerb Nitsua

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
G'day.

The only text shortcuts I can find on the Note 4 is under 'Settings, Language & Input' then click the cog next to 'Samsung keyboard'.
Look for 'Hot Keys'. You can then enter shortcut text that responds to a number on the keyboard.
Once saved, you just hold down the corresponding number when sending a text & the shortcut text pops up.

Let me know if you find a way to add more than 10 shortcuts!

B.

tmp3150

Banned
Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I use A.I keyboard (which is fantastic). The keyboard let's you create as many shortcuts as you want.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance