Galaxy Note 2 Wifi Issue. Not Receiving Packets. Please Help

BigDustinB

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
My wifi signal in my house is super strong on my phone. I have a Shaw wireless router. My wifi will work on my phone for about 10 mins and then it will time out. If I have facebook or google open it will work for a while then all of a sudden just sit there on the loading or updating page, or it will say page not found etc. If I turn off wifi then turn it back on immediately it works again for about 10 mins. Whenever it fails I can see on my phone it shows 3 bars of wifi and I can see the little up arrow sending packets. Yet the down arrow for receiving packets doesnt light up anymore. Is this a problem with my phone or with my wifi? Is there a way to run some sort of test on my phone to see if I have a certain program or virus blocking it?

Please help, thanks in advance for any answers. Hopefully I can get this resolved it is getting very annoying.

BigDustinB

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any help? Ever be on facebook and swipe to update and it just says updating forever or search on google and page not found even when your wifi still shows connected at full bars? Anyone?

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
If WiFi is working OK for other devices, I would battery pull the Note 2 and if that doesn't work, I'd return for warranty repair.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any help? Ever be on facebook and swipe to update and it just says updating forever or search on google and page not found even when your wifi still shows connected at full bars? Anyone?

Download the speed test app and let us know what download and upload speeds you are getting right when you turn off then on wifi, then check ten minutes later

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

BigDustinB

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Download the speed test app and let us know what download and upload speeds you are getting right when you turn off then on wifi, then check ten minutes later

Maybe it is just my wifi. Same thing happens on my girlfriends iphone too. Just used speed test. And got these pics. Just weird that turning it off then on on my phone fixes it most of the time. Maybe when it uses a lot of datait cuts out. Any one a wifi expert? Any settings on my Shaw modem I can change?

Pics of speed test with data with wifi then when it failed. In the failed pic you can see the wifi still connectedness up top.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it is just my wifi. Same thing happens on my girlfriends iphone too. Just used speed test. And got these pics. Just weird that turning it off then on on my phone fixes it most of the time. Maybe when it uses a lot of datait cuts out. Any one a wifi expert? Any settings on my Shaw modem I can change?

Pics of speed test with data with wifi then when it failed. In the failed pic you can see the wifi still connectedness up top.
[url]http://media.use.com/images/s_1/d5de01f87d708f3b41cb_1.jpg[/URL] [url]http://media.use.com/images/s_1/d5de01f87d708f3b41cb_2.jpg[/URL]

I can't see the images (too small to read) but I get the idea. You said you were using shaw and what service?

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Shaw is my isp and provided me with a modem/wireless router combo in one. Its hardwired to my Pc.

I'm not that familiar with Shaw, so please forward me the model number when you can. In the meantime, let's do a few things and see where you wind up:

1. Go into your wifi settings and forget the network
2. Turn off your wifi then power down your Note2 and keep it powered down
3. Unplug your modem/wireless router and leave unplugged for about ten seconds
4. Plug your modem/wireless router back in
5. Wait for one minute
6. Now power up your Note2 and make sure wifi comes back on (if it doesn't turn it on manually)
7. Select your network to connect back to your home network
8. Observe the wifi connection behavior and run the speediest

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Shaw is my isp and provided me with a modem/wireless router combo in one. Its hardwired to my Pc.
Maybe it is just my wifi. Same thing happens on my girlfriends iphone too.
If the exact same thing is happening on both phones, it's time to call Shaw and get them to fix it. Most likely a router problem, assuming you've already tried power cycling it.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Shaw Internet? R u located in southwest va?
I'd call them and make sure they come out and replace ur router. An even better idea is to buy ur own router and modem if possible. I had a similar problem last summer and it was the heat expansion of the cable causing signal loose and it would cut out a few time around 12 and 5

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

BigDustinB

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'd call them and make sure they come out and replace ur router. An even better idea is to buy ur own router and modem if possible. I had a similar problem last summer and it was the heat expansion of the cable causing signal loose and it would cut out a few time around 12 and 5

Im in Canada, shaw is a big provider here. Ill do the reset and if problems persist I will phone them.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

This.

I have Comcast and I own my own router and modem. I bought the Asus Router that supports AC Wireless Technology ($200) and a Motorola Surfboard 6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Modem. I'm pulling consistent speeds (55 MBPS Down, 11 Up) and no random disconnects. If you're ever offered a Router/Modem built into one unit opt against it as those tend to have more issues than having them separate.

I hope you get it solved. Just make sure if you buy your own modem that the modem is supported by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). If the modem is not supported or considered End of Life than avoid it as it will not activate. The ISP may have this information online or a phone call should do the trick.

Good luck. :)

hapakolea

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not that familiar with Shaw, so please forward me the model number when you can. In the meantime, let's do a few things and see where you wind up:

1. Go into your wifi settings and forget the network
2. Turn off your wifi then power down your Note2 and keep it powered down
3. Unplug your modem/wireless router and leave unplugged for about ten seconds
4. Plug your modem/wireless router back in
5. Wait for one minute
6. Now power up your Note2 and make sure wifi comes back on (if it doesn't turn it on manually)
7. Select your network to connect back to your home network
8. Observe the wifi connection behavior and run the speediest

I'm having the same issue with my phone, but it isn't my router. The only solution that i've found was to put my note 2 into airplane mode then switch back... then my wifi speed are back to normal.

every other device in my house isn't having the issue so i'm positive it has something to do with my note 2. speed tests after a about 30 minutes of connectivity drop to about 2 down and 2 up... but after i put in airplane mode then back into normal mode i get 20 down and 4 up. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my phone, but it isn't my router. The only solution that i've found was to put my note 2 into airplane mode then switch back... then my wifi speed are back to normal.

every other device in my house isn't having the issue so i'm positive it has something to do with my note 2. speed tests after a about 30 minutes of connectivity drop to about 2 down and 2 up... but after i put in airplane mode then back into normal mode i get 20 down and 4 up. any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is any device I've used running Jelly Bean. RAZR HD, RAZR Maxx, and Note II. It appears to be related to Jelly Bean and that's why its only your phone.

hapakolea

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
This is any device I've used running Jelly Bean. RAZR HD, RAZR Maxx, and Note II. It appears to be related to Jelly Bean and that's why its only your phone.

thanks for the reply. so i'm going to assume that there is no fix available yet unless i want to flash my device? this sucks...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon