Stock messaging app stuck with a "1" notification

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I did that. Now my facebook doesn't show the badge, even though it's listed in nova launcher. Wonder if the Nova Launcher folks changed something in a recent update that messed it up.

Jj134

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I also do not have an app called badgeprovider. I have a s6. No one has answered this question. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

JamieStorm2

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I also do not have an app called badgeprovider. I have a s6. No one has answered this question. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

Find badge provider in settings > applications > application manager > more > system apps (or whatever you need to do to find "system apps"

Patrick McCroskey

May 27, 2017
Visit site
On the Galaxy S8 long press on the icon (also called a badge). A submenu will appear with several options such as Uninstall, App Info, Remove shortcut, and clear badge. The last one is the one you want. I'm not sure what phone you have but, like I said, that's how it is done on the S8.

Pgwheeldon

Jun 3, 2018
Visit site
just to close this out for anyone searching this...go to application manager - all apps - "badgeprovider" - clear data - restart phone

Just curious how would you do this on the LG V30? I cant find the manager. Also will this clear the badge for the google duo app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12