need help please! email notification bar notification not working [yahoo / stock]

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all any help is appreciated and needed. I have tried to fix but cannot. My email notifications for yahoo [using yahoo app] or using stock email app [for yahoo] will not show the bar notification in the top notification bar. it worked for months now all of a sudden it wont.

i have uninstalled/reinstalled the yahoo app it didnt fix
i have deleted the stock account from the stock email browser it didnt fix it
numerous restarts and battery pulls no go!

anything else i can try? should I do a hard reset?

thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all any help is appreciated and needed. I have tried to fix but cannot. My email notifications for yahoo [using yahoo app] or using stock email app [for yahoo] will not show the bar notification in the top notification bar. it worked for months now all of a sudden it wont.

i have uninstalled/reinstalled the yahoo app it didnt fix
i have deleted the stock account from the stock email browser it didnt fix it
numerous restarts and battery pulls no go!

anything else i can try? should I do a hard reset?

thanks

Don't do a factory reset. Try this: In the Yahoo app, hit menu>settings. Or, touch the three lines on the upper left hand of the screen. Either method should bring up yahoo settings. YOu may have to scroll down. tap settings>tap account settings>make sure notifications are checked. If they are, and there is still a problem, it's Yahoo, not the device.

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't do a factory reset. Try this: In the Yahoo app, hit menu>settings. Or, touch the three lines on the upper left hand of the screen. Either method should bring up yahoo settings. YOu may have to scroll down. tap settings>tap account settings>make sure notifications are checked. If they are, and there is still a problem, it's Yahoo, not the device.

thanks. yes i did make sure it was "checked' for notifications and they will not show up. i guess i will wait till yahoo fixes :( thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
thanks. yes i did make sure it was "checked' for notifications and they will not show up. i guess i will wait till yahoo fixes :( thanks!

Ok...next step is to get the email address from the app page on the Play store, and describe the problem in detail in an email. That may not guarantee a response or a fix, but it's better than waiting for one to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy