Hi all any help is appreciated and needed. I have tried to fix but cannot. My email notifications for yahoo [using yahoo app] or using stock email app [for yahoo] will not show the bar notification in the top notification bar. it worked for months now all of a sudden it wont.

i have uninstalled/reinstalled the yahoo app it didnt fix
    i have deleted the stock account from the stock email browser it didnt fix it
    numerous restarts and battery pulls no go!

anything else i can try? should I do a hard reset?

thanks
    03-18-2013 07:06 PM
    Hi all any help is appreciated and needed. I have tried to fix but cannot. My email notifications for yahoo [using yahoo app] or using stock email app [for yahoo] will not show the bar notification in the top notification bar. it worked for months now all of a sudden it wont.

i have uninstalled/reinstalled the yahoo app it didnt fix
    i have deleted the stock account from the stock email browser it didnt fix it
    numerous restarts and battery pulls no go!

anything else i can try? should I do a hard reset?

thanks
    Don't do a factory reset. Try this: In the Yahoo app, hit menu>settings. Or, touch the three lines on the upper left hand of the screen. Either method should bring up yahoo settings. YOu may have to scroll down. tap settings>tap account settings>make sure notifications are checked. If they are, and there is still a problem, it's Yahoo, not the device.
    03-19-2013 09:39 AM
    Don't do a factory reset. Try this: In the Yahoo app, hit menu>settings. Or, touch the three lines on the upper left hand of the screen. Either method should bring up yahoo settings. YOu may have to scroll down. tap settings>tap account settings>make sure notifications are checked. If they are, and there is still a problem, it's Yahoo, not the device.

thanks. yes i did make sure it was "checked' for notifications and they will not show up. i guess i will wait till yahoo fixes thanks!
    03-19-2013 10:44 AM
    thanks. yes i did make sure it was "checked' for notifications and they will not show up. i guess i will wait till yahoo fixes thanks!
    Ok...next step is to get the email address from the app page on the Play store, and describe the problem in detail in an email. That may not guarantee a response or a fix, but it's better than waiting for one to happen.
    03-19-2013 03:36 PM
    THANKS. it was a yahoo problem. It Works now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    03-22-2013 09:33 PM