Hi, my GN2 heats up when i'm using it, especially outdoors and while using data. It gets really hot until almost the mid 50s degrees celsius. (seen through android tuner free) i'm kind of scared that it could cause damage to the phone! thanks for any help!! PS I live in Singapore, where outdoor temperatures can get to almost 38 degrees celcius
    03-19-2013 11:29 AM
    It's pretty hot where you are. How does it act when you are in a climate control environment,, like air conditioning?

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    03-19-2013 12:44 PM
    Mine doesn't heat up that much unless it's actively using the data connection (like uploading a heavy video on 3G). 50C sounds about normal for CPU temp in outdoors and high activity which is what your app measures, not necessarily how hot your phone gets. HOWEVER, it is bordering on the highest temp, you might want to check the temp when it's in a controlled environment like zmann suggests. If it gets to that temp even when you're in a cool room, you could try the ever-feared factory restore (just in case something went haywire with your kernel) or maybe even a hardware problem...
    03-19-2013 01:32 PM
    It's pretty hot where you are. How does it act when you are in a climate control environment,, like air conditioning?

Indoors it doesn't really heat up that much, maximum around 40-45 degrees. Would that be normal?
    03-20-2013 07:30 AM
    Mine doesn't heat up that much unless it's actively using the data connection (like uploading a heavy video on 3G). 50C sounds about normal for CPU temp in outdoors and high activity which is what your app measures, not necessarily how hot your phone gets. HOWEVER, it is bordering on the highest temp, you might want to check the temp when it's in a controlled environment like zmann suggests. If it gets to that temp even when you're in a cool room, you could try the ever-feared factory restore (just in case something went haywire with your kernel) or maybe even a hardware problem...
    Oh I see. But after searches online, many people who said they experienced heating up said that it was around 45 degrees, so I was worried that it was some sort of factory defect. If it doesn't heat up so much while indoors then it should be normal and just credited to the climate I live in right?
    03-20-2013 07:32 AM
    Oh I see. But after searches online, many people who said they experienced heating up said that it was around 45 degrees, so I was worried that it was some sort of factory defect. If it doesn't heat up so much while indoors then it should be normal and just credited to the climate I live in right?
    I would think so. If in normal climate it stays at normal temps I would not worry.

03-20-2013 11:01 AM
    If it helps as comparison, my phone's CPU temp in a controlled room (23C AC) is usually around 35C while idle.
    03-20-2013 11:36 AM
    Mine is at 85F/39C. Mine is fine

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    03-20-2013 10:11 PM
    Mine is at 85F/39C. Mine is fine

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    85F is around 29C
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    03-20-2013 11:46 PM
    Hi, my GN2 heats up when i'm using it, especially outdoors and while using data. It gets really hot until almost the mid 50s degrees celsius. (seen through android tuner free) i'm kind of scared that it could cause damage to the phone! thanks for any help!! PS I live in Singapore, where outdoor temperatures can get to almost 38 degrees celcius
    Do you leave your GPS toggle on ?
    03-21-2013 12:04 AM
    Do you leave your GPS toggle on ?
    My gps is always on and phone never heats up.

03-21-2013 08:42 AM
    My gps is always on and phone never heats up.

If an app is searching for location constantly then it will. I was not implying simply being toggled does anything

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    03-21-2013 09:56 AM
    If an app is searching for location constantly then it will. I was not implying simply being toggled does anything

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Ahhhh, gotcha

03-21-2013 10:49 AM
    This is the truth. Only time my phone ever becomes warm to the touch is when I have GPS enabled and an app starts using it, like Maps/Navigation or Dailyroads Voyager.

Also, 55* Celsius is not good. I am a computer tech who's been building his own PC's since the late 90's and anything above 50*C is really bad for any chip. Some chips are more tolerable for this high of temps, but really something in a cellphone getting that hot is unacceptable. I'd be very careful about what you do outside in the heat, GPS should be a no no unless you're in an air conditioned car.
    03-21-2013 01:58 PM
    Hey even I do have the same problem, my note2 gets heated while charging and also while using it.. it started so from when it fell on to ground from a 5 feet height!!! No much applications r running... what could be the reason for over heating. How I save my note2?? I couldn't put it at my ear bcoz of that...
    04-26-2013 09:58 PM