I can't seem to get this to work all the time. I go to camera settings and click save to card. It works but then by the next day it's saving to the phone again.

Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    03-20-2013 10:44 AM
    Check your card... It sounds to me like it's un-mounting itself and re-mounting, which causes the system to 'not find it'.

The issue is mainly with SanDisk cards, especially 32GB ones. Something to do with the card's chip and newest Samsung phones not being compatible. It un-mounts the card randomly, so when the phone tries to access the card it won't find it, and then your settings would default to internal memory again.

A good indication if this is happening to you (and you've missed the un-mount/re-mount messages popping up) is to check your battery stats; if Media Scanning is taking a larger chunk of your battery then that's your culprit. Actually, that process shouldn't even be in your list after a couple of hours at all unless you constantly swap cards after reboot.
    03-20-2013 11:42 AM
    Ah right. Well I see no messages. It is a sandisk card but only 16gb. I bought the class 10 one

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    03-20-2013 02:30 PM
    It depends on the mode of the camera you are in when taking pictures. Single shot photos should save to the card but when you do things like best face or some other option that takes multiple pictures it will autonatically go to the internal memory. This has do with the write speed of internal vs external.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-20-2013 05:38 PM