Apple. And loving my Note2

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
There isn't much I miss about my iPhone. But I do miss their customer service and support. About two weeks ago, my young son wanted to take one of Apple's free classes on Aperture. So he signed up, showed up and attended the class. No problem. He got a lot out of that Aperture class.

And then, a sequence of perfectly timed events caused his iPhone4 to fall, ricochet off the hard end of a table, and land face first on the floor. To his horror, his screen cracked. He did, after all, save up his money to contribute half of the purchase price (we did the other half). One of the Apple employees saw this, went to the stock room, and presented a new iPhone 5 to my son. She said they were sorry his phone was damaged, but hoped a new iPhone 5 would take the sting out of the accident. He was just shocked.

I guess that's how you lock in customers.

I don't foresee leaving my incredible note2 for going back to iOS. but i do know the great-American company named Apple will be around after the next Korean war.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
There isn't much I miss about my iPhone. But I do miss their customer service and support. About two weeks ago, my young son wanted to take one of Apple's free classes on Aperture. So he signed up, showed up and attended the class. No problem. He got a lot out of that Aperture class.

And then, a sequence of perfectly timed events caused his iPhone4 to fall, ricochet off the hard end of a table, and land face first on the floor. To his horror, his screen cracked. He did, after all, save up his money to contribute half of the purchase price (we did the other half). One of the Apple employees saw this, went to the stock room, and presented a new iPhone 5 to my son. She said they were sorry his phone was damaged, but hoped a new iPhone 5 would take the sting out of the accident. He was just shocked.

I guess that's how you lock in customers.

I don't foresee leaving my incredible note2 for going back to iOS. but i do know the great-American company named Apple will be around after the next Korean war.

Ex-Apple fanboy here (Original Mac+ Fanboy). I hate what Apple has become, but do agree, they do customer service right. They will be around for the long haul.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Depends your luck I guess, my dealings with apple customer service have been less than stellar.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
My Apple experience has always been outstanding. I wish their phones were as flexible, fun and powerful as my awesome Note2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
TAnd then, a sequence of perfectly timed events caused his iPhone4 to fall, ricochet off the hard end of a table, and land face first on the floor. To his horror, his screen cracked. He did, after all, save up his money to contribute half of the purchase price (we did the other half). One of the Apple employees saw this, went to the stock room, and presented a new iPhone 5 to my son. She said they were sorry his phone was damaged, but hoped a new iPhone 5 would take the sting out of the accident. He was just shocked.

He's not the only one thats shocked. I would consider this an exception rather than the rule. Break your phone, get a free upgrade? I dont see any company doing this, but then maybe thats why Apple's stock dropped so much in the past months? Employees giving away too many free iPhones? :)

S T Hye

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Back in the day the back of my 3gs cracked after putting on a case sold in the Apple store and when I showed it to a Genius, he said "they do that." Awesome customer service indeed. That was my last Apple.

Tap-u-talkin from my Note Deuce

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like he got a generous person. All depends on who you talk to since I can guarantee this would not happen everywhere.

Some employees know they can pull strings and care to help.. Others might just do the bare minimum since they don't care as much.

Glad he got the good one though. Cracked phones hurt :(

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

Since we are posting pictures, how's this? It's a Screenshot of speed test. Every time I leave a wifi area then come back to a wifi area, the network speed drops to a ridiculously low level. So I turn my wifi off then back on again. Then I run speed test again and we are back to normal speed. I make a note of the latest tweak or change I did (noting it didn't work) then back to the drawing board.

Not to mention the reboot I do twice a day. This is one of many quirks in the past 2.5 months since I switched from iOS. So for me, set up is not complete. iPhone 1 took me three hours for a complete setup, and every subsequent upgrade was about 30 minutes.

Note2 is a nice phone. But android is not a samsung developed OS, so samsung will never have true supplier power in this regard and hence will always have an OS that will never take full advantage of the hardware. Instead, it'll create inconsistencies in the product rollout. If samsung can develop and support its own OS then that could be something. But I haven't seen a viable mobile OS built from the ground up coming from Korea.

In the meantime I'll keep switching my wifi on and off and make note of what tweak, option I turned off or on, or app I closed or disabled, that didn't work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364434526896.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364434526896.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 43

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670