Search map or navigate to contact's address?

RobFreundlich

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to map a contact's address from within Google Maps or to navigate to a contact's address from within Google Navigation?

When I'm in Google Maps and enter a contact's name into the search box, it searches the internet for that text (and maps the matches it finds), rather than searching my contacts list; the same is true if I'm in Navigation. And if I'm in S-Voice or Google Voice Search and say "Navigate to <contact name>", it does the same thing.

I know I can open the contact, scroll to the address, and click the map icon next to it, but that's pretty silly. Especially if I'm driving.

RobFreundlich

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Try Waze GPS.

I've considered that (or another map/nav app, such as Sygic). Is there a way to have S-Voice use those apps for commands such as "map <foo>" and "navigate to <bar>" instead of the Google versions?

Also, can you tell me what you like about Waze as compared to the other apps out there? I've looked at it a couple of times and it seems to me that its big selling point is the social networking aspect, which don't interest me (or possibly I don't understand well enough). Can you explain more about the app?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12