03-28-2013 07:53 AM
69 123
tools
    Ive decided to go back to the RAZR MAXX HD. Ultimately it came to a few reasons:

Power On Lag: Feature or not, its unacceptable to wait 2 full seconds after a phone call to wait for the screen to turn on so I can hang up.
    Noise rejection: Callers state it takes up to 5 seconds for the phones noise rejection to handle the car noise, I drive a quiet car, this is unprofessional and unacceptable.
    Corporate Email: The RAZR will 'Push' email instantly, the Note 2 is only 4 times an hour.
    Unlock Animation Lag: Glitchy animation bugs me on every unlock.
    Notification Bar Lag: Power Save on or not, the Notification Bar lags with a handful of notifications in it.

I do like the RGB AMOLED, I wish it was a higher resolution as it is a noticeable on text. I also wish there would be a better use of the screen size, although this is probably an Android issue (Though I have a feeling it has to do with the Screen Density configuration). It seems everything was just bigger on the Note 2, I couldnt see more content in appsIt was just larger.

Except raw web browsing, the App speeds of the Note 2 and RAZR MAXX HD seem virtually identical. Web browsing is noticeably quicker on the Note 2.

I really wanted to like the Note 2, and why not? The allure of the most powerful Android phone is quite captivating. Ultimately my experience was not as seamless as Id hoped. Every previous Samsung device Ive owned has let me down (Nexus S, GS2, Galaxy Nexus) with low reception and speaker phone echothe Note 2 didnt have those issues which had me very excited. Hopefully the GS4 will be better at those issuesbut Ill be waiting for the Moto X device coming this summer.

So the Motorola RAZR MAXX HD is the phone for me, excellent call reception & clarity and longest lasting battery lifewith instant screen on.
    03-25-2013 11:17 AM
    Ive decided to go back to the RAZR MAXX HD. Ultimately it came to a few reasons:

Power On Lag: Feature or not, its unacceptable to wait 2 full seconds after a phone call to wait for the screen to turn on so I can hang up.
    Noise rejection: Callers state it takes up to 5 seconds for the phones noise rejection to handle the car noise, I drive a quiet car, this is unprofessional and unacceptable.
    Corporate Email: The RAZR will 'Push' email instantly, the Note 2 is only 4 times an hour.
    Unlock Animation Lag: Glitchy animation bugs me on every unlock.
    Notification Bar Lag: Power Save on or not, the Notification Bar lags with a handful of notifications in it.

I do like the RGB AMOLED, I wish it was a higher resolution as it is a noticeable on text. I also wish there would be a better use of the screen size, although this is probably an Android issue (Though I have a feeling it has to do with the Screen Density configuration). It seems everything was just bigger on the Note 2, I couldnt see more content in appsIt was just larger.

Except raw web browsing, the App speeds of the Note 2 and RAZR MAXX HD seem virtually identical. Web browsing is noticeably quicker on the Note 2.

I really wanted to like the Note 2, and why not? The allure of the most powerful Android phone is quite captivating. Ultimately my experience was not as seamless as Id hoped. Every previous Samsung device Ive owned has let me down (Nexus S, GS2, Galaxy Nexus) with low reception and speaker phone echothe Note 2 didnt have those issues which had me very excited. Hopefully the GS4 will be better at those issuesbut Ill be waiting for the Moto X device coming this summer.

So the Motorola RAZR MAXX HD is the phone for me, excellent call reception & clarity and longest lasting battery lifewith instant screen on.
    Good thread closed. Thanks for wasting our lives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    cdf3 likes this.
    03-25-2013 11:27 AM
    Good thread closed. Thanks for wasting our lives.
    I found it useful as I am considering the GNote3 and so his observations about the GNote2 will help me to keep an eye to see if these issues have been resolved in the GNote3. If you didn't find this thread useful you shouldn't have kept reading the thread.
    Dreamliner330 likes this.
    03-25-2013 11:38 AM
    I found it useful as I am considering the GNote3 and so his observations about the GNote2 will help me to keep an eye to see if these issues have been resolved in the GNote3. If you didn't find this thread useful you shouldn't have kept reading the thread.
    He asked whether or not which phone he would choose after bashing one of his options. Should have stuck with the first one since the first post. Should have just written a review then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-25-2013 12:40 PM
    He asked whether or not which phone he would choose after bashing one of his options. Should have stuck with the first one since the first post. Should have just written a review then.
    You realize ZERO solutions were offered to resolve the issues I listed in this thread, right? Many forum members simply pretended the problem didn't exist, far from helpful.

I genuinely was trying to work with the Note 2. I bought the thing outright...now I have to go through the hassle of selling something I just purchased.
    03-25-2013 01:00 PM
    You realize ZERO solutions were offered to resolve the issues I listed in this thread, right? Many forum members simply pretended the problem didn't exist, far from helpful.
    What solutions were you expecting? It sounds like you just wanted a thread to complain about note 2. Glad you found a phone that has features you like, that's why android is great. There's something out there for everyone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    epicness4G, rkeenan and nancybout like this.
    03-25-2013 02:33 PM
    I genuinely was trying to work with the Note 2. I bought the thing outright...now I have to go through the hassle of selling something I just purchased.
    It seems strange to me that someone, who is as particular about his/her device(s) as you are, would have paid $650 for a device if you didn't know what to expect? Based on your comments, you appear to know exactly what you want (and don't want), and therefore, do your homework quite well. As such should have known the limitations (as you perceive them), before buying the device in the first place. After all, the Note II has been on the market, has been reviewed by every major and minor tech site, and purchased by nearly 5-10 million users, since October 2012.
    epicness4G likes this.
    03-25-2013 03:35 PM
    ^Reviewers use devices for only hours, forum members pretend problems don't exist. Where was I supposed to find out about all this?
    BrianBaker likes this.
    03-25-2013 05:05 PM
    Damn, got sucked into this thread from the title. I have used both phones mentioned and currently own the note 2, but ill go ahead and keep any opinions and suggestions to myself on account of the fact that you wouldnt listen to them anyways.

Im just glad you at least chose an android over an iphone.

/thread

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.
    03-25-2013 05:51 PM
    What solutions were you expecting? It sounds like you just wanted a thread to complain about note 2. Glad you found a phone that has features you like, that's why android is great. There's something out there for everyone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Not to mention, this is a Galaxy Note 2 forum. I wonder if he already knew what most, (if not, all) would say on what phone to get. ROFLMAO
    03-25-2013 05:53 PM
    ^Reviewers use devices for only hours, forum members pretend problems don't exist. Where was I supposed to find out about all this?
    The issues you have with the device, such as Touch Wiz being ugly, is a personal preference. Most users don't have a problem with it. If so, you can always install a custom launcher to help with how the home screen and icons look. Many custom launchers will even allow you to change the look of icons.

You're also bothered by lag issues. Yes, the lock screen does lag slightly at times, but after using it for a while, I don't notice it as much as I did before. Every Android device I've owned experience from some type of lag. For me that's 5 Android phones and 2 Android tablets. The only device that doesn't have lag issues is my iPad. It has little to no lag, but it's rather boring to me. Therefore I don't use it as much. You have to pick your poison.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    epicness4G likes this.
    03-25-2013 08:36 PM
    If you're not a touchwiz fan then download nova. It is just like stock jelly bean.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    03-27-2013 03:22 AM
    I have both the Razr HD (not Maxx) and the Note 2 right now. Im as torn as the original poster.

I won't go into the features of each phone because I think those are well documented. I will say I think overall the two phones are equals. The battery life is great on both and both are lightning fast. The differences for me are size and camera quality ws well as speakers.

The note has a better camera hands down. The Razr has a much better speaker. The size is a toss up. Some days I like the note for browsing and videos. Other days its just too big!

Oh and one other thing is the keyboard. I cannot for the life of me figure out why Samsung refuses to have an auto correct keyboard. Im typing on the Note now and nearly losing my mind.

I would love to hear any opinion on which to keep. I'm a fan of both so I promise not to start flame wars
    03-27-2013 06:19 PM
    I have both the Razr HD (not Maxx) and the Note 2 right now. Im as torn as the original poster.

I won't go into the features of each phone because I think those are well documented. I will say I think overall the two phones are equals. The battery life is great on both and both are lightning fast. The differences for me are size and camera quality ws well as speakers.

The note has a better camera hands down. The Razr has a much better speaker. The size is a toss up. Some days I like the note for browsing and videos. Other days its just too big!

Oh and one other thing is the keyboard. I cannot for the life of me figure out why Samsung refuses to have an auto correct keyboard. Im typing on the Note now and nearly losing my mind.

I would love to hear any opinion on which to keep. I'm a fan of both so I promise not to start flame wars
    Swype FTW. I'm "typing" this on my note 2 and it's seamless.

03-27-2013 11:46 PM
    Oh and I also own the maxx hd and the note 2. The maxx is paid for by my employer and the note 2 is mine. I own both because I can, not because I have to. Or as I explain to people, because I'm nuts.

I love both phones.

The maxx carries the same punch as note but in a smaller package. Honestly if the screen size doesn't matter then stick with the maxx.

I used nova launcher, as someone mentioned, to hide a bit of touch wiz. I also use it on my maxx for consistency sake.

No matter which one you pick though you're going to be wanting the other. That's just how it works

03-28-2013 12:00 AM
    You are right about constantly wanting both, or at least wanting the "next" great phone.

This isn't the first time I've done this unfortunately. I have owned about 12 phones this year

I did stick with the Note 1 for about 6 months but then it was back to phone roulette. I keep thinking I'll find that magic one that ticks all the check boxes, but there will always be something better around the corner.
    03-28-2013 06:25 AM
    No, not hours. I have to find a few you tube videos of reviews of people who used the note 2 for a long time.
    I seen videos of many different phones Prior to getting the note 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    03-28-2013 07:33 AM
    I change phones often myself. Just one a year lol.
    Idk how long I'll keep this.
    I did use iphone for a good 1.5 years. I got bored. I think it will take a long time for me to get bored with this phone.
    Some people don't even understand why it even matters to me, if I get bored or not with my phone lol.. They think I'm nuts I think.
    Not you guys, taking about people in my daily life lol. Like '' Omg Nancy what's that '

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    03-28-2013 07:37 AM
    I came from a razr maxx, which at the time I thought had great battery life (9 hours with bluetooth and wifi off and heavy phone, email, internet, and texting usage). I now last 16 hours a day, with the same usage and wifi, bluetooth, and gps running at all times!!!
    03-28-2013 07:53 AM
69 123