RAZR HD/MAXX HD vs Galaxy Note 2...I have both, I can't decide!

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Where is it merging contacts from? Gmail and Google+?

It merges my Gmail contacts.
If two contacts have things in common, such as address, home number, etc., Android will merge them. They aren't merged if I visit the contacts from a browser. Only in Android contact app.
I use my phone for business use as well. I would have a husband and wife added as separate contacts. Then one day I would try to give the husband a call, and he now has 2 work numbers, 2 cell numbers, and 2 email addresses.
I would separate them so I would know who I'm contacting. Very annoying.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
So why are you trying to convince yourself to keep the note 2??
I think he was just looking for opinions and as part of that process was posting his opinion of the things that are important to him.

Lag bothers some people more than others. Just like having a locked down device bothers some people more than others.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
a9y4uqaq.jpg
Power saver does clock down the cpu.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
How do you turn power saver on? I can't find it in the settings of my GNex.

You can access it from the notification tray, or device settings.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364138785118.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364138785118.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364138799786.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364138799786.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 42

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Such sensitive people, probably Samsung fanboys. Do read OPs post and notice he asks opinion of people who have used BOTH devices not just Note 2 owners.

Sent from Galaxy Nexus

Umm first, this is a note 2 forum. Second, I understand where the OP is coming from, trust me In the past I've been in the same situation. But when you're constantly bashing and pointing out negatives of one phone compared to the other and not noticing or taking the input of other individuals, then it becomes annoying. If you have so many negative things to say about a phone. Go with the other, don't contradict yourself. It's not about being sensitive, or being a Samsung fan boy because none of us have bashed the Motorola RAZR. I owned one before and simply said it could have been better than what I expected but that was the first maxx not the Hd. The OP is continuously making his own choice by bashing the phone. So if you're not going to believe our inputs then why post in the first place?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Will a ROM fix the screen on delay?

The slow screen on feature is of purpose. It lets you know the phone is actually in a real sleep mode, unlike other phones. That's why the battery lasts so long. And ADW launcher fixes the "unattractive" ui you talk of

sent from Galaxy Note 2

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I?ve decided to go back to the RAZR MAXX HD. Ultimately it came to a few reasons:

Power On Lag: ?Feature? or not, it?s unacceptable to wait 2 full seconds after a phone call to wait for the screen to turn on so I can hang up.
Noise rejection: Callers state it takes up to 5 seconds for the phone?s noise rejection to handle the car noise, I drive a quiet car, this is unprofessional and unacceptable.
Corporate Email: The RAZR will 'Push' email instantly, the Note 2 is only 4 times an hour.
Unlock Animation Lag: Glitchy animation bugs me on every unlock.
Notification Bar Lag: Power Save on or not, the Notification Bar lags with a handful of notifications in it.

I do like the RGB AMOLED, I wish it was a higher resolution as it is a noticeable on text. I also wish there would be a better use of the screen size, although this is probably an Android issue (Though I have a feeling it has to do with the Screen Density configuration). It seems everything was just bigger on the Note 2, I couldn?t see more content in apps?It was just larger.

Except raw web browsing, the App speeds of the Note 2 and RAZR MAXX HD seem virtually identical. Web browsing is noticeably quicker on the Note 2.

I really wanted to like the Note 2, and why not? The allure of the ?most powerful Android phone? is quite captivating. Ultimately my experience was not as seamless as I?d hoped. Every previous Samsung device I?ve owned has let me down (Nexus S, GS2, Galaxy Nexus) with low reception and speaker phone echo?the Note 2 didn?t have those issues which had me very excited. Hopefully the GS4 will be better at those issues?but I?ll be waiting for the Moto X device coming this summer.

So the Motorola RAZR MAXX HD is the phone for me, excellent call reception & clarity and longest lasting battery life?with instant screen on.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I?ve decided to go back to the RAZR MAXX HD. Ultimately it came to a few reasons:

Power On Lag: ?Feature? or not, it?s unacceptable to wait 2 full seconds after a phone call to wait for the screen to turn on so I can hang up.
Noise rejection: Callers state it takes up to 5 seconds for the phone?s noise rejection to handle the car noise, I drive a quiet car, this is unprofessional and unacceptable.
Corporate Email: The RAZR will 'Push' email instantly, the Note 2 is only 4 times an hour.
Unlock Animation Lag: Glitchy animation bugs me on every unlock.
Notification Bar Lag: Power Save on or not, the Notification Bar lags with a handful of notifications in it.

I do like the RGB AMOLED, I wish it was a higher resolution as it is a noticeable on text. I also wish there would be a better use of the screen size, although this is probably an Android issue (Though I have a feeling it has to do with the Screen Density configuration). It seems everything was just bigger on the Note 2, I couldn?t see more content in apps?It was just larger.

Except raw web browsing, the App speeds of the Note 2 and RAZR MAXX HD seem virtually identical. Web browsing is noticeably quicker on the Note 2.

I really wanted to like the Note 2, and why not? The allure of the ?most powerful Android phone? is quite captivating. Ultimately my experience was not as seamless as I?d hoped. Every previous Samsung device I?ve owned has let me down (Nexus S, GS2, Galaxy Nexus) with low reception and speaker phone echo?the Note 2 didn?t have those issues which had me very excited. Hopefully the GS4 will be better at those issues?but I?ll be waiting for the Moto X device coming this summer.

So the Motorola RAZR MAXX HD is the phone for me, excellent call reception & clarity and longest lasting battery life?with instant screen on.

Good thread closed. Thanks for wasting our lives.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Good thread closed. Thanks for wasting our lives.
I found it useful as I am considering the GNote3 and so his observations about the GNote2 will help me to keep an eye to see if these issues have been resolved in the GNote3. If you didn't find this thread useful you shouldn't have kept reading the thread.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I found it useful as I am considering the GNote3 and so his observations about the GNote2 will help me to keep an eye to see if these issues have been resolved in the GNote3. If you didn't find this thread useful you shouldn't have kept reading the thread.

He asked whether or not which phone he would choose after bashing one of his options. Should have stuck with the first one since the first post. Should have just written a review then

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
He asked whether or not which phone he would choose after bashing one of his options. Should have stuck with the first one since the first post. Should have just written a review then.
You realize ZERO solutions were offered to resolve the issues I listed in this thread, right? Many forum members simply pretended the problem didn't exist, far from helpful.

I genuinely was trying to work with the Note 2. I bought the thing outright...now I have to go through the hassle of selling something I just purchased.

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
You realize ZERO solutions were offered to resolve the issues I listed in this thread, right? Many forum members simply pretended the problem didn't exist, far from helpful.

What solutions were you expecting? It sounds like you just wanted a thread to complain about note 2. Glad you found a phone that has features you like, that's why android is great. There's something out there for everyone.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I genuinely was trying to work with the Note 2. I bought the thing outright...now I have to go through the hassle of selling something I just purchased.

It seems strange to me that someone, who is as particular about his/her device(s) as you are, would have paid $650 for a device if you didn't know what to expect? Based on your comments, you appear to know exactly what you want (and don't want), and therefore, do your homework quite well. As such should have known the limitations (as you perceive them), before buying the device in the first place. After all, the Note II has been on the market, has been reviewed by every major and minor tech site, and purchased by nearly 5-10 million users, since October 2012.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
^Reviewers use devices for only hours, forum members pretend problems don't exist. Where was I supposed to find out about all this?

indosilver

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Damn, got sucked into this thread from the title. I have used both phones mentioned and currently own the note 2, but ill go ahead and keep any opinions and suggestions to myself on account of the fact that you wouldnt listen to them anyways.

Im just glad you at least chose an android over an iphone.

/thread

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
What solutions were you expecting? It sounds like you just wanted a thread to complain about note 2. Glad you found a phone that has features you like, that's why android is great. There's something out there for everyone.

Not to mention, this is a Galaxy Note 2 forum. I wonder if he already knew what most, (if not, all) would say on what phone to get. ROFLMAO

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463