03-28-2013 06:03 AM
60 123
tools
    Touchwiz is fine... using it side by side with a nexus 7, it seems more like a slight tweak that a total overhaul of jb. To be honest, there are times on my nexus that I miss some of the touchwiz features. I have zero gripes.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Android Central Forums
    NeedMoreFAR likes this.
    03-22-2013 07:55 PM
    I use touchwiz as its just fine. Its just a preference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    alamarco likes this.
    03-23-2013 06:52 AM
    I use touchwiz as its just fine. Its just a preference.
    Exactly; it's all preference.

I use TouchWiz and it does exactly what I need it to. Don't need any more or any less.
    03-23-2013 12:52 PM
    I prefer stock but it doesn't make a difference in the long run it's not as its a huge change from anything else like the One phone.
    03-23-2013 02:36 PM
    I like touchwiz. I think most of the people who trash talk it are the stock only die hards. If you like stock, thats all well and good, but TouchWiz has features that I find useful that stock doesn't have. I love the S-Pen and S-note on my Note. I have it rooted and have tried a few AOSP roms, but always go back to a rooted touchwiz rom. I don't think there is another skin as good as touchwiz (though I do actually like the skin Pantech used on the Burst).
    03-23-2013 02:37 PM
    Before i got it, I really wasn't expecting much in the way of the Note 2 user interface (UI) from checking out Android devices on the past, but I was pleasantly surprised after I actually got a hold of it. The UI is intuitive and crisp looking.

To me beyond the fact of Android 4.1.1 icons widgets and navigation, TouchWiz doesn't really stand out as something unique. But what overall interface it does have is buttery smooth and looks really really nice.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast
    03-23-2013 03:20 PM
    TO be honest, I really dont see a huge difference coming from Rezound and Thunderbolt, I attribute some things to the JB update, and really do see a lot of other differences...
    its such an awesome phone it doesnt really matter..
    03-23-2013 04:13 PM
    I own a Galaxy SIII. There's nothing particularly wrong with TouchWiz, although, I would go for the HTC One rather than the S4.
    03-23-2013 04:22 PM
    I like TouchWiz my self. Works a lot better then Sense in my book, never have had a good time with Sense
    It's upgrade time and I'm looking at the note 2 the s4(when it released) and maybe the DNA or X phone. I like the note and it's S pen and huge screen. The only major turnoff I'm having is TouchWiz. I see people trash talking it all the time. All my androids have been HTC or DROID so I've never used TouchWiz. What is it like? Is it good? Also, will the note fit in my average hands/pockets?

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    03-23-2013 04:33 PM
    Having just picked up a GS3, (Coming from a Gnex) I'd say, I much prefer stock, but Touchwiz isn't horrible. Or, it's at least not bad enough to force me to throw a stock rom on right now.
    03-23-2013 04:33 PM
    Touchwiz isn't bad, the UI for it is. Touchwiz brings some great features to the device in their camera app, s-pen support, etc. that aren't available on every other Android or Android based device. I'm a huge fan of the stock UI, but if Touchwiz looked stock, how would everyone immediately recognize it's a Samsung device?
    03-23-2013 08:10 PM
    TouchWiz used to be a skin no one wanted a few years ago. It's one of the best as of late. I now prefer it over ASOP Roms. I have older Androids with Cyanogen Mod, and a Nexus 7 running stock Android. I prefer the most recent version of TouchWiz over all of them.
    It has so many useful features that I use on a daily basis.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    03-23-2013 08:18 PM
    Glad to hear all the positive comments about TouchWiz. I'll probably be picking up a note when I get back from vacation.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    You will always hear negative comments about Touchwiz from people who just do not like Samsung, and will say what every it takes to try to steer people away from Samsung phones.
    03-23-2013 08:54 PM
    You will always hear negative comments about Touchwiz from people who just do not like Samsung, and will say what every it takes to try to stare people away from Samsung phones.
    That's weird; I like Samsung, love the features of TouchWiz, hate the way it looks.
    03-23-2013 08:59 PM
    That's weird; I like Samsung, love the features of TouchWiz, hate the way it looks.
    I have no problem with the way Touchwiz looks. What is wrong with the looks of Touchwiz?
    03-23-2013 09:08 PM
    I have no problem with the way Touchwiz looks. What is wrong with the looks of Touchwiz?
    Mainly that it still has the 2011 GB look and feel to it, they haven't updated it to follow the holo guidelines and with the Nature UI they're actually doubling down on it. It's not bad, it's just not for me. Some people love it and clearly millions of people don't mind it at all when they buy it.
    03-23-2013 09:17 PM
    Mainly that it still has the 2011 GB look and feel to it, they haven't updated it to follow the holo guidelines and with the Nature UI they're actually doubling down on it. It's not bad, it's just not for me. Some people love it and clearly millions of people don't mind it at all when they buy it.
    I guess when you are selling millions of phones, you can do what you want and don't have follow any guidelines. The phones that follow the guidelines, don't sell millions, so Samsung could care less about guidelines. People looking for phones that follow guidelines should stick to the Nexus lines of phones.
    03-23-2013 09:30 PM
    It's upgrade time and I'm looking at the note 2 the s4(when it released) and maybe the DNA or X phone. I like the note and it's S pen and huge screen. The only major turnoff I'm having is TouchWiz. I see people trash talking it all the time. All my androids have been HTC or DROID so I've never used TouchWiz. What is it like? Is it good? Also, will the note fit in my average hands/pockets?

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    The device is fine. I have heard nothing but good things about the Note 2. TouchWiz is the launcher for Samsung devices. Basically the User Interface for the device in question. While for the most part TouchWiz isn't all that bad, I prefer Nova, just because it brings customizing to a whole new breed of awesome. Color themes, scrolling, number of icons in the dock, number of dock pages, number of icons on the home screen, locking the home screen (Basically not allowing any changing of the homescreen. Useful in some ways), all this can NOT be done on TouchWiz. I love Nova so much it's on all three of my Samsung devices.
    03-23-2013 10:13 PM
    The nice thing about android is that there are lots of options for launchers (skins). I personally don't care for touchwiz. I'm on my second samsung galaxy S phone. Love the phones. Samsung does make excellent hardware. I just install GoLauncher Ex. So don't let the skin they put on over android deter you from getting a phone you really want. Just know that with android there are lots of options for virtually every aspect of the operating system, from the keyboard to the notification bar and everything in between.
    03-23-2013 10:16 PM
    The device is fine. I have heard nothing but good things about the Note 2. TouchWiz is the launcher for Samsung devices. Basically the User Interface for the device in question. While for the most part TouchWiz isn't all that bad, I prefer Nova, just because it brings customizing to a whole new breed of awesome. Color themes, scrolling, number of icons in the dock, number of dock pages, number of icons on the home screen, locking the home screen (Basically not allowing any changing of the homescreen. Useful in some ways), all this can NOT be done on TouchWiz. I love Nova so much it's on all three of my Samsung devices.
    Agree that this does most of the needed work to hide the interface, but even Nova doesn't replace the notification tray, drop downs or the menus, app drawer, etc. Unfortunately, most ROM's that fix those issues, do it at the cost of the TouchWiz feature set.
    03-23-2013 10:46 PM
    Just switched back to TouchWiz a couple days ago from Nova Launcher. I've never actually got to use TouchWiz because as soon as I got the phone I downloaded Nova Launcher. I have to say TouchWiz ain't bad, in fact I like it. It has its pros and cons just like every launcher out there. Some people like it, some people don't, you just have to try it out for yourself.
    03-23-2013 10:52 PM
    Just switched back to TouchWiz a couple days ago from Nova Launcher. I've never actually got to use TouchWiz because as soon as I got the phone I downloaded Nova Launcher. I have to say TouchWiz ain't bad, in fact I like it. It has its pros and cons just like every launcher out there. Some people like it, some people don't, you just have to try it out for yourself.
    Said best. The AccuWeather widget in Samsung's devices are designed around TouchWiz. Nova can't bring them up. Take the good with the bad....
    03-23-2013 10:58 PM
    Agree that this does most of the needed work to hide the interface, but even Nova doesn't replace the notification tray, drop downs or the menus, app drawer, etc. Unfortunately, most ROM's that fix those issues, do it at the cost of the TouchWiz feature set.
    BeansROM is a touchwiz ROM that changes the look and feel but you don't lose tw features. In case anyone was wondering. I'm sure there are other ROMS that are similar.

Sent from my SCH-I605
    Attached Thumbnails Is TouchWiz as bad as I hear?-uploadfromtaptalk1364097463245.jpg   Is TouchWiz as bad as I hear?-uploadfromtaptalk1364097472450.jpg  
    Aquila and Patrick Schroedl like this.
    03-23-2013 10:58 PM
    I have reasonably good things to say about TW. Going all the way back to using TW on Android 2.1 all the way up until today's TW on the S3/GNote 2 it has come a LONG way from its early days. Used to be many people turned to rooting and custom ROMs so they could get the goodies that the developers added into the TW base to spice things up.. They added custom and more commonly used toggles and all sorts of things now common on TW and Sense, actually any of the OEM skins/UI's today.

I'm sure if you really want to dig in deep and look for things to complain about you can easily find something on any UI. Even pure Google has its downfalls so nothing is going to perfectly suit everyone.
    cdf3 likes this.
    03-24-2013 11:53 AM
    I LOVE touchwiz. I personally hate the Sense ui

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    03-24-2013 05:07 PM
60 123