Is TouchWiz as bad as I hear?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Touchwiz is pretty fantastic. Bright, colorful, gorgeous in my opinion. I sometimes try AOSP, but I always return to stock.

I do wish, especially on a phone this size, the launcher would rotate to landscape.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

You can use an app from the play store called rotate to achieve this. Works great and allows you force rotate any app to landscape including the home screens. I use mine everday and works very well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Touch wiz is easily the most functional feature rich skin on all of android

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Touch wiz is great,, of course htc people are trashing touchwiz. I don't know why people feel the need to do that. "must trash and hate the other". I guess it makes them feel better about their choice. I was a htc owner for 3 years until I got my note 2,for me sense was very nice,,, but so is touch wiz.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Touch wiz is great,, of course htc people are trashing touchwiz. I don't know why people feel the need to do that. "must trash and hate the other". I guess it makes them feel better about their choice. I was a htc owner for 3 years until I got my note 2,for me sense was very nice,,, but so is touch wiz.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

When it gets cold, tell them to tounge their device! We will just move on as we can use gloves!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Touchwiz is fine... using it side by side with a nexus 7, it seems more like a slight tweak that a total overhaul of jb. To be honest, there are times on my nexus that I miss some of the touchwiz features. I have zero gripes.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Android Central Forums

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I prefer stock but it doesn't make a difference in the long run it's not as its a huge change from anything else like the One phone.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I like touchwiz. I think most of the people who trash talk it are the stock only die hards. If you like stock, thats all well and good, but TouchWiz has features that I find useful that stock doesn't have. I love the S-Pen and S-note on my Note. I have it rooted and have tried a few AOSP roms, but always go back to a rooted touchwiz rom. I don't think there is another skin as good as touchwiz (though I do actually like the skin Pantech used on the Burst).

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Before i got it, I really wasn't expecting much in the way of the Note 2 user interface (UI) from checking out Android devices on the past, but I was pleasantly surprised after I actually got a hold of it. The UI is intuitive and crisp looking.

To me beyond the fact of Android 4.1.1 icons widgets and navigation, TouchWiz doesn't really stand out as something unique. But what overall interface it does have is buttery smooth and looks really really nice.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Last edited:

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
TO be honest, I really dont see a huge difference coming from Rezound and Thunderbolt, I attribute some things to the JB update, and really do see a lot of other differences...
its such an awesome phone it doesnt really matter..

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I like TouchWiz my self. Works a lot better then Sense in my book, never have had a good time with Sense
It's upgrade time and I'm looking at the note 2 the s4(when it released) and maybe the DNA or X phone. I like the note and it's S pen and huge screen. The only major turnoff I'm having is TouchWiz. I see people trash talking it all the time. All my androids have been HTC or DROID so I've never used TouchWiz. What is it like? Is it good? Also, will the note fit in my average hands/pockets?

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Having just picked up a GS3, (Coming from a Gnex) I'd say, I much prefer stock, but Touchwiz isn't horrible. Or, it's at least not bad enough to force me to throw a stock rom on right now.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Touchwiz isn't bad, the UI for it is. Touchwiz brings some great features to the device in their camera app, s-pen support, etc. that aren't available on every other Android or Android based device. I'm a huge fan of the stock UI, but if Touchwiz looked stock, how would everyone immediately recognize it's a Samsung device?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
TouchWiz used to be a skin no one wanted a few years ago. It's one of the best as of late. I now prefer it over ASOP Roms. I have older Androids with Cyanogen Mod, and a Nexus 7 running stock Android. I prefer the most recent version of TouchWiz over all of them.
It has so many useful features that I use on a daily basis.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear all the positive comments about TouchWiz. I'll probably be picking up a note when I get back from vacation.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

You will always hear negative comments about Touchwiz from people who just do not like Samsung, and will say what every it takes to try to steer people away from Samsung phones.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You will always hear negative comments about Touchwiz from people who just do not like Samsung, and will say what every it takes to try to stare people away from Samsung phones.

That's weird; I like Samsung, love the features of TouchWiz, hate the way it looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool