03-28-2013 06:03 AM
60 123
tools
    It's upgrade time and I'm looking at the note 2 the s4(when it released) and maybe the DNA or X phone. I like the note and it's S pen and huge screen. The only major turnoff I'm having is TouchWiz. I see people trash talking it all the time. All my androids have been HTC or DROID so I've never used TouchWiz. What is it like? Is it good? Also, will the note fit in my average hands/pockets?

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    03-22-2013 12:55 PM
    No complaints here about it. From what I can see I prefer it over what the other manufacturers have skinned over android.

I've had the galaxy 1 and 2. My gf has the note 2 and LOVES it. She is only 5`7 and quite petite. Does it fit in her tight jeans with a case ? No lol.

I'll find a good lengthy review of the note two I saw a while back.

The s pen is amazing for jotting down notes ands a wack load of other stuff.....

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
    03-22-2013 01:02 PM
    Touchwiz is fine. There is not a big difference between aosp and touchwiz.
    I actually prefer touchwiz on the note 2 due to the functions of s-note.
    I honestly don't know what all the touchwiz hate is all about. I came from a galaxy nexus to the gs3 to the note 2. Touchwiz added in things I found missing from aosp, like a proper clock and timer suite, facebook integration to calender and contacts, and a much better camera suite.
    But it is really personal taste. Touchwiz is not bad by any means, though.
    I personally find touchwiz in its current form to be better than Sense or whatever Motorola is offering.
    As far as fitting in your pants, I am 6ft tall and normal build. I wear Levi 501 jeans which are not loose or baggy, but not skin tight. It fits no problem. You get used to the size real fast.
    03-22-2013 01:03 PM
    Ok. I'll probably be getting this. Thanks guys

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    03-22-2013 01:09 PM
    I like touchwiz as well. This is my first android phone having previously been an iphone user since 2008.

The only other device I have used is a nexus 7 which uses sense. I did not like that at all! I will be purchasing a note 8 when they come out.

As far as touchwiz goes I have heard the same thing. Honestly, jellybean, project butter and the overall power of the phone can make all the difference in how a user interface functions. I prefer touchwiz.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-22-2013 01:12 PM
    I have had my Note 2 for about a month and I am still using touchwiz as my launcher I normally use apex or go launcher on my past phone which were HTC phones and I must say I like touchwiz better then sense

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    met.watts and Chocu1a like this.
    03-22-2013 01:19 PM
    TouchWiz is not awful for me but I have been using Nova launcher just because I like it better.

Sent from my Really Big Phone
    fratermus likes this.
    03-22-2013 01:27 PM
    TouchWiz is not awful for me but I have been using Nova launcher just because I like it better.
    Same here. Nova just offers you more customization is all.

Otherwise, TouchWiz is fine. The absolute best out of the 3 main OEM skins. TouchWiz >>> Sense > Motoblur
    fratermus and Golfdriver97 like this.
    03-22-2013 01:32 PM
    No problem here and the same with Sense/HTC.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.
    03-22-2013 01:33 PM
    I don't mind TouchWiz. I prefer it over Sense UI. Sense kind of deterred me from the DNA. I have used 3rd party launchers before, but TouchWiz is just fine.
    S T Hye likes this.
    03-22-2013 01:43 PM
    Glad to hear all the positive comments about TouchWiz. I'll probably be picking up a note when I get back from vacation.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    03-22-2013 01:55 PM
    Glad to hear all the positive comments about TouchWiz. I'll probably be picking up a note when I get back from vacation.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    Another option is to use a third party launcher like Nova, Apex, etc. This allows additional customizations, but you retain most, if not all of the TouchWiz features as well. There may be a feature or two that you lose, but S Pen and multi view still work no problem.
    Johnly likes this.
    03-22-2013 02:00 PM
    Another option is to use a third party launcher like Nova, Apex, etc. This allows additional customizations, but you retain most, if not all of the TouchWiz features as well. There may be a feature or two that you lose, but S Pen and multi view still work no problem.
    I use apex instead of sense currently. Does the note have dual screen and the other gimmicks of the s3? If so, us there anything I lose by continuing to use apex?

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
    03-22-2013 02:17 PM
    Does the note have dual screen and the other gimmicks of the s3?
    Yes, the Note has a lot of pretty awesome features, some similar to the S3, like dual view. It also has the S Pen, and a bunch of functionality that goes along with it not found on any other device.

You will not lose any of these functions if using Apex.

I suggest you check out some youtube videos of the GNote 2 so you can see for yourself what it can do. And get into a store, if you have not done so already, and get your hands on one in person, and ask if they have one you can try without the security device on it, to see how it feels when in your pocket, in your hand, etc. That's what I did, and I was sold on the spot.
    Alex trebek and Johnly like this.
    03-22-2013 02:30 PM
    Touchwiz is pretty fantastic. Bright, colorful, gorgeous in my opinion. I sometimes try AOSP, but I always return to stock.

I do wish, especially on a phone this size, the launcher would rotate to landscape.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    03-22-2013 03:15 PM
    I do wish, especially on a phone this size, the launcher would rotate to landscape.
    Touchwiz is fine but that is the main reason I use a different launcher
    03-22-2013 03:43 PM
    Touchwiz and Nova for the win. SOOOOO much nicer than the POS Bionic I had (that never got an update to JB)
    Chocu1a likes this.
    03-22-2013 04:07 PM
    I just use everything as stock and that all works fine for me I am not really into customising
    03-22-2013 04:31 PM
    former sense guy, and have no problems with touchwhiz...

sent from my galaxy note 2
    03-22-2013 04:33 PM
    I came from an iphone 4 it was different at first but I love the phone and operating system now, you will adapt quickly.
    03-22-2013 04:41 PM
    Touchwiz is pretty fantastic. Bright, colorful, gorgeous in my opinion. I sometimes try AOSP, but I always return to stock.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    You can use an app from the play store called rotate to achieve this. Works great and allows you force rotate any app to landscape including the home screens. I use mine everday and works very well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-22-2013 04:59 PM
    Touch wiz is easily the most functional feature rich skin on all of android

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
    TheOtherBill likes this.
    03-22-2013 05:14 PM
    I would never touch wiz. That could kill ya.
    Chocu1a and lpt2569 like this.
    03-22-2013 05:15 PM
    Touch wiz is great,, of course htc people are trashing touchwiz. I don't know why people feel the need to do that. "must trash and hate the other". I guess it makes them feel better about their choice. I was a htc owner for 3 years until I got my note 2,for me sense was very nice,,, but so is touch wiz.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    03-22-2013 07:29 PM
    Touch wiz is great,, of course htc people are trashing touchwiz. I don't know why people feel the need to do that. "must trash and hate the other". I guess it makes them feel better about their choice. I was a htc owner for 3 years until I got my note 2,for me sense was very nice,,, but so is touch wiz.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    When it gets cold, tell them to tounge their device! We will just move on as we can use gloves!
    03-22-2013 07:33 PM
60 123