Hi guys,

So, it's quite known that after the 4.1.2 update + Exynos patch our Notes have been draining battery like crazy (OK, not THAT bad, but it's noticeable and it's worse than it was before). So I'm not getting into that debate just yet.

However, I've seen that some people suggest doing a factory reset to help improve the battery life after the update. My question is, does it REALLY help? Has anyone done that and experienced a real improvement in battery life? Or it doesn't do squat?

You can imagine I don't wanna do it as the mere thought of having to re-download everything, lose some progress in a few games, reload apps, re-login everywhere, set up my preferences again, etc. is painstaking. But if it DOES help, I'll set aside some time this weekend... hehe
    03-22-2013 05:11 PM
    Anyone? Pretty please?
    03-23-2013 09:36 AM
    What kind of battery life are you getting.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2.
    03-23-2013 11:11 PM
    I just update my phone to 4.1.2 and did the factory reset (actually did 2 factory resets in a row, just to make sure all is clean). So far the battery life is better than my wife's phone, which I didn't do the factory reset. It is still not as good as it was when I had 4.1.1. She is getting 8 hours of use off a full charge. She wants me to do the factory rest tonight. She is crazy mad about this.
    05-09-2013 08:31 AM
    Honestly, the only difference I have noticed is that some apps arent optimized very well, some have background processes that use cpu time even when in stand by. Photoshop touch is an example of this. You go to your recent apps list and it will show you which apps are in stand by and what the curent cpu usage is. Most will say 0% not photoshop though, its cpu bounces all over the place. I habe to force stop the app so it wont tear through my battery.

A factory reset isnt going to fix these problems though. Only a different rom OR a fix from samsung can fix the battery life issues. I still get a full day and sometimes 2 between charges. No it isnt as good as when I first got it but its far better than anything ive had before the note 2.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
    05-09-2013 11:08 AM
    Hi guys,

So, it's quite known that after the 4.1.2 update + Exynos patch our Notes have been draining battery like crazy (OK, not THAT bad, but it's noticeable and it's worse than it was before). So I'm not getting into that debate just yet.

However, I've seen that some people suggest doing a factory reset to help improve the battery life after the update. My question is, does it REALLY help? Has anyone done that and experienced a real improvement in battery life? Or it doesn't do squat?

You can imagine I don't wanna do it as the mere thought of having to re-download everything, lose some progress in a few games, reload apps, re-login everywhere, set up my preferences again, etc. is painstaking. But if it DOES help, I'll set aside some time this weekend... hehe
    The effect for me is uneven, with some apps having a better, more efficient effect while others no. So I wouldn't do the reset unless there were another reason to do it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    05-09-2013 01:10 PM
    Nope. I tried twice, no luck.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    05-10-2013 04:19 AM
    The only reason I would do a factory reset is to fix the maps battery drain. That's the only issue I've had since updating to 4.1.2 everything else is fine but maps is the top battery drain.

I feel it's an app issue. If Google looked into this I'm sure they could fix this with a simple update to there app.

I know 4.2.2 is many months away for those of us in the USA but I'm sure there will be many fixes in there as well.

I still find my Note 2 to get the best battery life out of every other phone I've owned even with maps draining my battery with data and wake locks.

I'm waiting for a maps update that may fix this before 4.2.2 since as I said that's not something we will see for many month's, I'm guessing at least 6 sadly.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    05-10-2013 07:09 AM
    I've just rooted and installed greenify. That solved all of my problems

I used this to root, dead simple;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2130276

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    05-10-2013 08:21 AM