What S Pen apps is everyone using and how are you Using it?

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to ask this to the masses who are using it regularly. About the only thing I'm doing with mine is note taking and such. I'm no artist. I've always said I can't even draw a convincing Stick Figure. I use MyScript Calculator a fair amount. Other than that, I'm pretty much using just the OEM note pad.

So what is everyone else using on their Note 2 devices?

Also, other than note taking, drawing, are you using the stylus more to navigate with and do you find yourself taking it out and using it more than your finger than you use to? I came from the old PDA's where it was just easier to tap it with the stylus so it seems natural for me to do it. In fact it's only been about 3ish years since I've moved over to s fully touch screen Smartphone. Prior to this phone I had an Arrive for a couple of years and prior to that I had a Touch Pro2(Stylus type Smartphone) and that was my 1st smartphone finally converging my phone when I got tired of carrying my Dell Axim and cell phone together.

So let me know what's out there that everyone is using. I'm very curious to see what everyone does with there's.

Thanks

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I use papyrus to keep notes hand written a few times a day.. sometimes use the sketch app to draw or demonstrate things for patients/people..and sometimes just use the pen instead of finger, like when i have gloves on.. other then that...i don't use the pen for much..and the occasional website with drop down links

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I use the s-pen mostly for notes and list with a little drawing on the side. But I hate s-notes. So I have my Note 2 setup so when I remove the s-pen the app Write opens and the screen changes to reverse portrait. This allows me to write on my Note 2 like it was a paper note pad with no concern about where my hand touches. As only the s-pen effects the screen and the buttons are at the top out of the way.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
1. Photo Editor - to write notes on photos I take in the field.

2. ezPDF - to annotate PDFs while doing field work. Examples: completing interview forms, marking up maps with sample locations.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I use the s-pen mostly for notes and list with a little drawing on the side. But I hate s-notes. So I have my Note 2 setup so when I remove the s-pen the app Write opens and the screen changes to reverse portrait. This allows me to write on my Note 2 like it was a paper note pad with no concern about where my hand touches. As only the s-pen effects the screen and the buttons are at the top out of the way.

How do I set that option up as it sounds ideal?

Andy

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post

Ditto this!

Andy

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

Andy
I installed the app S Pen Helper....
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tushar.spen_helper&feature=search_result
This allows you to select which app you want to open when you remove the s-pen.

I also use Rotation Lock Adaptive the paid version....
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ui.robot.rotatedonate&feature=more_from_developer
This lets you select what screen orientation you want to use. I bought the paid version because it allows you to select an app and set the screen orientation for that app.

I use the app Write....
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.styluslabs.write&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5zdHlsdXNsYWJzLndyaXRlIl0.
Because it has the setting to ignore all touch input under preferences/input mode and force pen mode. This means that no matter where I touch paper image on the screen with my hand nothing happens. I can still touch the menu bar with my finger or s-pen and that works.

The result of these apps is with Write I get a page of lined paper (with adjustable lines and border and color that will grow as you set it, I like it to grow vertically) that is safe from hand touches but I still was touching the buttons. So Rotation Lock Adaptive comes to the rescue and puts the buttons at the top of the phone by turning the phone upside down in reverse portrait. But that takes opening 2 apps and setting Rotation Lock Adaptive free each time. I am too lazy for just that. So I go for Rotation Lock Adaptive paid and get the phone to jump into reverse portrait mode for Write only. Then there is S-Pen Helper that I set to open Write when I remove the s-pen and also close Write (well really switch to home screen) when I insert the s-pen. With Write when you open it you see a group if thumbnails of your pages and you select the one you want to open and this is the first screen you see when you pull out the s-pen, but once you select the one you want then the next time you pull out the s-pen it opens to that page ready for you to write. I just turn the phone over (this gives better access to the s-pen) and remove the s-pen ready to start writing.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I installed the app S Pen Helper....

Nope, won't repeat the whole thing in a quote, but this has got to be one of the best Note 2 posts I have seen anywhere.

Find I don't need the screen rotation app, but the combination of S Pen Helper and the Write app is amazing. Much better for quick note taking than the stock thing and works great

This is something (and all the other things you could do with the helper) that should be highlight on the AC front page

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope, won't repeat the whole thing in a quote,
I'm glad reading it once is quite enough.:D

Find I don't need the screen rotation app, but the combination of S Pen Helper and the Write app is amazing. Much better for quick note taking than the stock thing and works great

This is something (and all the other things you could do with the helper) that should be highlight on the AC front page

Thanks
I agree and your welcome.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
And for those that like the s-pen helper as much as I do, consider buying the "premium" version for $2. It actually doesn't add any funchtuons, just a way to support the developer.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Sunkenghost

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I use Sketchbook Mobile and Infinite Painter the most with the S-Pen, though I'm starting to use it more for note taking, when talking to clients on the phone. It is sooooooo much better than the stylii I used to use on iPad, where you have to turn it on, charge it, wear a glove, etc.

s3keith

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Graffiti for Android
Keyboard replacement allows me to take notes without having to look at the screen. It is identical to what I previously used on my Palm Pilot (with a stylus). The S pen makes this app fly.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know Graffiti was available for these phones. I used that and Calligrapher back many years ago on my old Dell Axim x51v's. They were many times better than the OEM input options. I'll have to give it a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair