08-27-2017 02:46 AM
66 123
tools
    SOLUTION:

(in my case)

My Note 2 was new and it had charging problems. If I went back to the carrier, the slime buckets wouldn't give me a new phone, even though it was new, they'd give me a refurbished phone, so I said forget it. So I suffered with a very slow charge. Finally when I was wanting to get a new phone and sell my Note 2, I decided to contact Samsung directly about the slow charging.

The tech asked me to try another cord from another product. I had a Nexus 7, so I used that usb cord and plugged it into the charger and voila, it worked perfectly. So Samsung sent me (in the mail) a new usb cord and charger (the part that plugs in the wall).

So in my case, the slow charge and sometimes no charge had to do with a poorly made (in China) usb charging cable. On closer inspection, I saw that one of the copper pins inside the usb cable and the micro end was missing. It appears that Samsung techs knew that there was an issue with the cords because they knew to tell me to use another cord.

The new cord they sent me works fine.
    12-14-2013 09:58 PM
    Are you rooted? I'm assuming your not. If you aren't it sounds like a faulty device and I would look into your warranty or if you bought it at a brick & mortar store take in to them. If it's your USB port, not a whole lot you yourself can do.

If your rooted, it could be a much simpler fix. Because it might be a ROM issue.

Dear Crooke356
    what is the simpler fix for rom issue mentioned above?
    Please

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    01-29-2014 08:52 PM
    I think it is very bad that there are so many problems with the Samsung Notes not charging. I got caught out after 18 months with my Note 1 last year on the day we were heading overseas and needing the phone urgently the only option in the hour I had before heading to the airport was buying one on a new plan then waiting until my return and getting the old one fixed under warranty which I eventually did and am waiting until next month to have to stop paying for the original plan!!
    Today my husband's new Note 2 (under a year old) has exactly the same problem. Luckily I kept my old note which is now fixed and he can use it whilst we wait 2 weeks to get his repaired under warranty. I did at the time also order a separate battery charger which allowed me to charge up the battery so I could turn the phone on to do a factory reset before sending it in for repair. Guess what. they have changed the battery size/shape with the Note 2 so the external batter charger won't work and I just ordered a new one to do the same to his phone before sending in for repair. It went dead very quickly and didn't give us time to do a backup or anything.
    I am not VERY HAPPY with the Note phones now after reading all these problems on here!
    04-13-2014 07:27 PM
    I think it is very bad that there are so many problems with the Samsung Notes not charging. I got caught out after 18 months with my Note 1 last year on the day we were heading overseas and needing the phone urgently the only option in the hour I had before heading to the airport was buying one on a new plan then waiting until my return and getting the old one fixed under warranty which I eventually did and am waiting until next month to have to stop paying for the original plan!!
    Today my husband's new Note 2 (under a year old) has exactly the same problem. Luckily I kept my old note which is now fixed and he can use it whilst we wait 2 weeks to get his repaired under warranty. I did at the time also order a separate battery charger which allowed me to charge up the battery so I could turn the phone on to do a factory reset before sending it in for repair. Guess what. they have changed the battery size/shape with the Note 2 so the external batter charger won't work and I just ordered a new one to do the same to his phone before sending in for repair. It went dead very quickly and didn't give us time to do a backup or anything.
    I am not VERY HAPPY with the Note phones now after reading all these problems on here!
    This happens on a lot of phones. It's not only the Notes. Batteries, USB ports and charging cables go bad with wear and tear and prolonged use.
    04-14-2014 06:49 AM
    Hello there, I don't know if this is where I ask this, but I just cant figure it out how to start a question? First I just want to ask I had music on my SD card and something happened to them they corroded or something //so now I have no music I put my sd card into my computer to put music onto it but now it says there isn't enough room " because the apps I have on it? " I would really appreciate it I could get some help on how to move everything off my SD card and onto my device? I go into my settings and I can find it asking me to move it to my SD card ( where it already is) but noting saying to move it to my device? SECOND when I plug my phone into the laptop with usb it doesn't recognise it? ALSO it can only be charged shut off because if it is on it connects then disconnects and goes crazy, ....please can someone help me thank you .
    04-14-2014 01:29 PM
    Same here,
    took 20 minutes,
    and ordered a $10 part on ebay,

fixed it right up..

I was surprised that my Verizon Note 2 (I605) had an L900 USB charger board in it.
    (Maybe it had been replaced once already, or maybe the factory knows what parts are compatible
    and just assembled it that way.)
    I put in a I605 Verizon board and it works fine (as one might expect).

Thanks for the tip, saved me a lot of headaches.
    And for everybody else, learn to work on your phone, if you own a Galaxy!
    04-18-2014 12:24 PM
    This may sound a little crazy, but it worked for me.

After my phone battery drained to zero and subsequently died, I couldn't get it to take a charge. I tried different chargers and charging methods. I tried the cleaning of the micro-usb port on the phone with needle method that some people suggested. Still no avail.

I hoped that perhaps by putting my phone battery in the freezer, it might reset the memory of the phone and let me charge it again.

After about 25 min in the freezer, I put it directly into my phone and low and behold, it began taking a charge, within about 15 sec.

At first it showed me a crazy boot screen, like the this string talks about http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ff-target.html,

After leaving it plugged in with the crazy boot screen for a few mins, I pulled the battery and replaced it again and it began to work like normal.

I've already ordered another battery from amazon, but I'm grateful to see that it's at least working enough again.

Thanks for all of your suggestions! Hope this might help someone
    07-10-2014 10:09 AM
    my samsung note 2 is nealy 2 yrs old april coming and this is the 1st time i had problem with it.. it wont charge battey brought new battery and lead still nothing, it was been playing up for a while lie i had read voice get on coming on .... so it looking like USB port to fail
    09-13-2014 05:20 AM
    hi, im having the same issues as a few ppl on here. My samsung galaxy note 2 wouldnt charge or keep a charge. ive read your msg about the cell being rooted and that it would be an easy fix i hope that works . my phone is rooted can you please tell me the steps to take. thanks
    11-30-2014 06:39 PM
    hi, im having the same issues as a few ppl on here. My samsung galaxy note 2 wouldnt charge or keep a charge. ive read your msg about the cell being rooted and that it would be an easy fix i hope that works . my phone is rooted can you please tell me the steps to take. thanks

Are you rooted? I'm assuming your not. If you aren't it sounds like a faulty device and I would look into your warranty or if you bought it at a brick & mortar store take in to them. If it's your USB port, not a whole lot you yourself can do.

If your rooted, it could be a much simpler fix. Because it might be a ROM issue.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    11-30-2014 06:43 PM
    The network bars (on a full charge) on My Samsung note 2 would indicate there is no network and there is a red 'x' over the bars and about 5 minutes later my phone would die. This happens everywhere now (home, work, grocery store, movies-the same places I always go to) and I have wifi at my home and at my job (where I'm at most of the time) and I've never had an issue like this with any other phones. can I safely assume I need a new battery? I did the spin test as mentioned and it spins!! Any advise would be much appreciated!
    04-07-2015 08:07 PM
    The network bars (on a full charge) on My Samsung note 2 would indicate there is no network and there is a red 'x' over the bars and about 5 minutes later my phone would die. This happens everywhere now (home, work, grocery store, movies-the same places I always go to) and I have wifi at my home and at my job (where I'm at most of the time) and I've never had an issue like this with any other phones. can I safely assume I need a new battery? I did the spin test as mentioned and it spins!! Any advise would be much appreciated!
    Yes, you need a new battery. If it were me I'd get one from Samsung. Good luck!
    04-07-2015 11:23 PM
    550ma is still super low for a note2..it's rated for a 2Aamp charger..
    10-03-2015 04:41 AM
    Note II had purchased during 2013 Jan. Today-16.3.2016 I do faced same problem. Tried many ways. Removed out the battery and cleaned the connecting sockets on the sides of battery like-wise in mobile internal connectors of battery with NANO CLEAN of Luxor Co (its a gadget cleaner & mobile protector-Liquid). Immediately after drying, it had started charging ,glowing Red light. Sometimes when we frequently charge the device, it happens also due to forming Carbon on the connectors of battery. Therefore, frequent charging is not good to any smart device. At least in a month, the battery level should go below 20% for efficiency, long life of battery. Its a full charge covering all aspects. Sometimes, some simple methods will work out. Anyway, its my experience I shared with u ..Thanks.
    03-16-2016 10:19 AM
    How do I replace new battery? Of Samsung note 2?
    06-24-2016 08:02 AM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Unfortunately, when I charged it yesterday, the "lightning" on the battery symbol did not pop up.
    So I left it like that for about an hour.
    When I checked, it did not charge.
    I transferred to another wall outlet, hoping it was the outlet at fault, but still it will not charge.
    I used another Samsung charger, since my family have quite a bit of Samsung phones, still it wont charge.
    Any opinions out there that could shed light on my problem?
    08-27-2017 02:46 AM
66 123