Hello everyone,
    So I got my brand new unlocked note 2 yesterday (previously locked to O2 UK). I realized it has been rooted as well, I saw an app in the app menu called SuperSU. I like the phone and the freedom it comes along with for being rooted. My only problem is the fact that it seems not to operate as smoothly as the two Note 2's I've used previously. This new one responds quite well, but doesn't run as smooth as I've known Note 2 to be, it's behaving as if it needs some sort of optimization even though I've reset it twice already. For instance, when I'm swiping through my app draw or app menu in quick successions, it doesn't respond as smoothly as I would love it to (or as compared to my old note 2 experience). Same thing when browsing through a web page...etc. The point is that, I can't operate it as smoothly as I would love to, even though its not that bad. It's like the screen slightly attempts to shake or freeze when I touch or swipe something. Please hep me ,root users or anyone with ample knowledge on android or smartphones.
    Here are things I've already done:
    1. I've reset it
    2. I've used some cleaners to free up space and clear cache. like Iobit cleaner and fast reboot pro

Is there any trick or anything I can do to make it run as smooth as I would like (or like a new phone should)? Thank you everyone.
    03-26-2013 06:18 PM
    do you have a custom recovery installed? If so, do your factory wipe from there and be sure to wipe cache/dalvik aswell. Might try a different ROM as well. Lots of options on here and XDA
    03-26-2013 06:33 PM
    What version of android is it running?

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
    03-26-2013 07:51 PM
    What version of android is it running?

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
    Android 4.1.1 is running, when I checked for updateI was told my phone had been modified.
    03-27-2013 01:26 AM
    do you have a custom recovery installed? If so, do your factory wipe from there and be sure to wipe cache/dalvik aswell. Might try a different ROM as well. Lots of options on here and XDA
    Please help me here a bit, what is custom recovery and how do I do that?
    03-27-2013 01:27 AM
    Download ROM manager from the Play store and install CWM (Clockwork Mod, custom recovery) that way. Then find a ROM you like (I suggest CleanROM if you want something minimal and smooth) and flash it using CWM. Directions for that can be easily found easily on either here or XDA.
    03-27-2013 11:41 AM
    Download ROM manager from the Play store and install CWM (Clockwork Mod, custom recovery) that way. Then find a ROM you like (I suggest CleanROM if you want something minimal and smooth) and flash it using CWM. Directions for that can be easily found easily on either here or XDA.
    Flashing a non-stock ROM should *not* be done on a Verizon Note 2 until the bootloader has been unlocked using the method posted by Adam Outler in the Development section of xda-developers.com. Otherwise you risk permanently bricking your phone - putting it in a permanently unusable state. Droidxcon has created a helpful guide for using Adam's method here at androidcentral.com in the Rooting section for the Verizon Note 2. I wouldn't do anything with ROM Manger until I used Adam's method.

Adam's method will put TWRP recovery on the phone and then you can flash 80-90% of the custom ROMs out there.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast
    03-27-2013 04:01 PM
    Flashing a non-stock ROM should *not* be done on a Verizon Note 2 until the bootloader has been unlocked using the method posted by Adam Outler in the Development section of xda-developer.com. Otherwise you risk permanently bricking your phone - putting it in a permanently unusable state. Droidxcon has created a helpful guide for using Adam's method here at androidcentral.com in the Rooting section for the Verizon Note 2.

Adam's method will put TWRP recovery on the phone and then you can flash 80-90% of the custom ROMs out there.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast
    Thanks but the OP is on a non verizon note 2 . They said its unlocked from the UK

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    03-27-2013 04:18 PM
    Thanks but the OP is on a non verizon note 2 . They said its unlocked from the UK

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Ooookayyyy

Ridin' a Note 2 blast
    03-27-2013 04:32 PM