New Note 2 stutters when scrolling, please help

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I posted this thread ( http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/264139-help-needed-root-users.html ) last night, but here's a better and shorter explanation. My brand new unlocked & rooted Note 2 seems to stutter when scrolling through anything, like pictures, web pages, my apps, etc. It doesn't scroll as smoothly as my previous note 2s. Though it may not be much of a bother, I would love for it to scroll freely like I've known Note 2 to be. Could this be due to the rooting, or unlocking? I don't have as much knowledge on android and smartphones as most of you guys here on AC. So your help is much needed. Thanks.

Ps: I've already reset the phone, but still stutters while scrolling or browsing through anything.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I posted this thread ( http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/264139-help-needed-root-users.html ) last night, but here's a better and shorter explanation. My brand new unlocked & rooted Note 2 seems to stutter when scrolling through anything, like pictures, web pages, my apps, etc. It doesn't scroll as smoothly as my previous note 2s. Though it may not be much of a bother, I would love for it to scroll freely like I've known Note 2 to be. Could this be due to the rooting, or unlocking? I don't have as much knowledge on android and smartphones as most of you guys here on AC. So your help is much needed. Thanks.

Ps: I've already reset the phone, but still stutters while scrolling or browsing through anything.

Ok first thing that comes to mind, and the obvious, is checking for a process that is hogging resources. Go to system settings > application manager > and tap "running" at the top. Do you see a process that jumps out at you? anything out of the ordinary? take a couple of screenshots and post them here.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Is your power saving on?

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes because it scales back cpu speed. I dont use any power saving methods except for keeping brightness at 50% and keeping gps off except when in use. I get all day usage and 6-7 hours screen on time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Also, check your animation speeds. I scale mine back to 0.5x

settings=>developer options=>window/transition/duration animation scales

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes because it scales back cpu speed. I dont use any power saving methods except for keeping brightness at 50% and keeping gps off except when in use. I get all day usage and 6-7 hours screen on time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

yeah i figured that, but didn't think it would affect scroll. i've used power saving a number of times (after a long day of travel, for example) and don't notice a degradation in performance not to mention the scrolling; the most noticeable for me is its management of screen brightness).

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't use any power saving features and I see the stutter you mention. It's annoying but not terrible.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok first thing that comes to mind, and the obvious, is checking for a process that is hogging resources. Go to system settings > application manager > and tap "running" at the top. Do you see a process that jumps out at you? anything out of the ordinary? take a couple of screenshots and post them here.
Okay, i checked that and the only things I wasn't familiar with are factory mode and SecPhone . Any clue?

Hesham Elbaz

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it did fix the laggy scrolling ! I rooted my phone, installed greenify hoping it would fix the laggy scrolling issue. but it did not. then I stumbled upon this post, noticed that my battery was 14% and power saving was on.

I turned power saving off, and BOOM ! first time see my note 2 that smooth since first day !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC