Note 2: Can't change Data Usage Cycle anymore

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
If I go to Settings / Data usage, I can't change Data usage cycle on either Mobile or Wi-Fi tab. I know I was able to do this on the first day. Now if I tap the field, it only opens a grayish rectangle with the current cycle written there (which is what's already written in the field without touching it). Is this a bug, or do I need to perform some "obscure" motion to make it happen?

Last edited by a moderator:

SumthinNew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't change Data Usage Cycle anymore

If I go to Settings / Data usage, I can't change Data usage cycle on either Mobile or Wi-Fi tab. I know I was able to do this on the first day. Now if I tap the field, it only opens a grayish rectangle with the current cycle written there (which is what's already written in the field without touching it). Is this a bug, or do I need to perform some "obscure" motion to make it happen?

How many months of tracking has been stored already?
You may need to scroll down a bit to see where it says to change cycle,

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

A little less than two weeks actually. Scroll down where? The bottom part is filled with usage graph (where I'm able to change the vertical lines to limit the interval within the data usage cycle defined above), followed by data used by separate apps.
Is it at all possible to define the data usage cycle as one calendar month (or 24h or 1 week, for instance)? Something like "Mar 20 - Apr 19" (in my mobile data tab) has no real practical value.

Cobraa783

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

uploadfromtaptalk1364602386056.jpg

Its a drop down menu scroll down at bottom is change cycle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

I tried, but all I get was a small rectangle (as mentioned in the original post), containing the current cycle:
2013-03-30-08-34-01.png

I'm certain there was more when I first tried it.

Cobraa783

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

I noticed you have a moblie and a wifi tab at the top that I don't and your wifi is selected does it look the same under your mobile tab?

always improveing perfection is the only goal in life:cool

geekboysteves

May 26, 2013
Visit site

I had this same problem. When I turned on mobile data and turned off wifi the change cycle oftion appeared in the drop down menu.

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

Have mobile data enabled before opening data usage. Then check the drop down menu.

Sent from my GT-N7100

SqueakShow

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I finally figured it out.
- When you're in the Data Usage section, tap the bottom left capacitative button and select Settings.
- Uncheck 'Auto Sync Data'.
- Now when you tap the Data usage cycle, 'Change Cycle' should appear at the bottom of the drop down menu.

Ultramum

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

I had this problem on my nexus 4:

I discovered that I had to have data enabled but wifi off ... When I had them both on (fiddling with phone as usual) I only saw the dates for the last three cycles ... Once I knocked wifi off the 'change cycle' miraculously appeared on the data tab :)

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

I noticed you have a moblie and a wifi tab at the top that I don't and your wifi is selected does it look the same under your mobile tab?

always improving perfection is the only goal in life:cool
To see the wi-fi tab when you're on the Data Usage screen open settings and enable Wi-Fi.

novak06

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

I had this same problem. When I turned on mobile data and turned off wifi the change cycle oftion appeared in the drop down menu.

Only this one helped me fix this up! Only ludicrous interval of, like, 15th to 14th next month was enabled in the Data Usage menu, with no option to change the cycle.

So, turn the Data Switch up in the Notification panel, and THEN go into Data Usage menu, and - voila! The 'Change cycle' option magically appeared.

moisesz

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

hi there i have the nexus 5 with 4.4.2 i can only chane cycle on data i would like to change the WIFI cycle? any ideas?

cramerland

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site

As stated earlier, un-tick Auto-sync data - select Data usage cycle - select change cycle.This worked for me. Thank you very much, SqueakShow :)