04-05-2013 03:05 PM
29 12
tools
    Some games can be played from the sd card. They just have to be coded to do so. An example of this is the game " A Bards Tale" that game is 2gb in size and after the initial small download in the playstore you are greated with an option to download an additional 2gb with the option to save to external sd card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, but please don't confuse that with moving apps2sd. That function no longer works on Android 4.0+. At least not on a stock unrooted phone.
    Oh, as far as sd cards, I currently use a Samsung 64gb card. Works great.
    04-03-2013 06:40 AM
    Some games can be played from the sd card. They just have to be coded to do so. An example of this is the game " A Bards Tale" that game is 2gb in size and after the initial small download in the playstore you are greated with an option to download an additional 2gb with the option to save to external sd card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, but please don't confuse that with moving apps2sd. That function no longer works on Android 4.0+. At least not on a stock unrooted phone.
    Oh, as far as sd cards, I currently use a Samsung 64gb card. Works great.
    Yes, chocula is right that is an important destinction. An app may store some data on the sd card but the app itself is still on internal storage

Sent from my Note 2
    04-03-2013 08:18 AM
    I wouldn't make general statements like that. For the ops intended usage the phone should last all day no problem, however the battery can certainly be killed in less than day by heavy usage. It's a fantastic phone with a fantastic battery but that's just a fact

Sent from my Note 2
    I was replying to the OP
    04-04-2013 01:31 AM
    I'm switching over to Android and I'm considering getting the Note 2, but I have a few simple queries I hope someone wouldn't mind answering:
    1) Is it hard to carry around a Note 2 all the time? I know it's one of the biggest phones out there which makes it something to be concerned about. In winters you can just put it in your winter jacket but what about in the summer or indoor environments? I usually dress a bit formally, generally regular adult sized dress pants. Would the Note 2 fit in dress pant pockets? It would easily fit in a suit jacket or a blazer but I often don't wear one. Carrying it around probably isn't the safest option as you could drop it or even worse get it stolen.
    2) Gaming Performance? Do games run on the huge 5.5 inch screen properly? I want to be able to run absolutely ANY game available on the Play Store easily without lag.
    3) Does the At&t Note 2 have a MicroSD card slot?
    4) How much memory does it have, 32 or 64GB?
    5) How long does the battery last, with about 1-2 hours of gaming, and one hour of internet browsing? (I hardly ever talk on my phone)
    Thanks in advance!
    I just switched about a week ago (woohoo! lol)

1) I use the otter box defender case on my phone it doesn't make it huge/bulky. But then again i put my phone in my purse. Unless I'm going to the gym, I put it in my jacket pocket (luckily my jacket pocket has a zipper to keep it closed. I have had no issues carrying it around. You could fit it in your pant pocket (it fits in my husbands, obviously not mine - my pockets are too small) and for reference i'm tiny 5'0 and love the size of the phone!

2) I can't say i'm a "gamer" .. the only games I've been able to play are candy crush (lol), no zombies and a couple of others my kids play (subway surf or something) and it looks absolutely amazing with the big screen. (I'm coming from iPhone 4s so it's a big difference) I've not had any experience with any lag issues so I can't speak for that.

3) I have at&T and I believe all Note 2's have the Micro SD Slot

4) depending on what you purchase (there are 8gb, 16gb, 32gb etc).. I just purchased on amazing the 64gb class 10 MicroSD Card with adapter (because I tend to take lots of pictures when i'm out with my kids and also I have a lot of music for when i'm at the gym... i like a variety)

5) When I browse the internet and go on FB & Instagram and play Candy Crush for awhile the battery tends to last 5hrs before I become ancy and want to charge it (but that's just me - I don't like my battery going below a certain percentage haha)

otherwise it's a great phone! I'm still getting used to the customization of it.. some features from the iPhone I truly truly truly miss and I'm hoping will be available in an update in the future.. but otherwise it's an amazing phone.. it's a beast!
    04-05-2013 03:05 PM
29 12