Need some general info from a Note 2 Owner

outlooker

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm switching over to Android and I'm considering getting the Note 2, but I have a few simple queries I hope someone wouldn't mind answering:
1) Is it hard to carry around a Note 2 all the time? I know it's one of the biggest phones out there which makes it something to be concerned about. In winters you can just put it in your winter jacket but what about in the summer or indoor environments? I usually dress a bit formally, generally regular adult sized dress pants. Would the Note 2 fit in dress pant pockets? It would easily fit in a suit jacket or a blazer but I often don't wear one. Carrying it around probably isn't the safest option as you could drop it or even worse get it stolen.
2) Gaming Performance? Do games run on the huge 5.5 inch screen properly? I want to be able to run absolutely ANY game available on the Play Store easily without lag.
3) Does the At&t Note 2 have a MicroSD card slot?
4) How much memory does it have, 32 or 64GB?
5) How long does the battery last, with about 1-2 hours of gaming, and one hour of internet browsing? (I hardly ever talk on my phone)
Thanks in advance!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Gaming is what will drain the battery most. Real racing 3. Which is a very graphical game runs with zero lag and fast load times. Low graphic games like angry birds or wheres my water are considerably less battery intenssive. Mileage may very is the best advice I can give in these regards. My att note 2 with case fits comfortably in my jeans front pocket. I am 6 foot tall and I dont where skinny jeans. Unfortunately they only sell 16gb phone in the states. But I have a 64gb memory card that I store my movies pictures and music on and with 60 or so apps on my phone I still have 8gb internal memory left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching over to Android and I'm considering getting the Note 2, but I have a few simple queries I hope someone wouldn't mind answering:
1) Is it hard to carry around a Note 2 all the time? I know it's one of the biggest phones out there which makes it something to be concerned about. In winters you can just put it in your winter jacket but what about in the summer or indoor environments? I usually dress a bit formally, generally regular adult sized dress pants. Would the Note 2 fit in dress pant pockets? It would easily fit in a suit jacket or a blazer but I often don't wear one. Carrying it around probably isn't the safest option as you could drop it or even worse get it stolen.
2) Gaming Performance? Do games run on the huge 5.5 inch screen properly? I want to be able to run absolutely ANY game available on the Play Store easily without lag.
5) How long does the battery last, with about 1-2 hours of gaming, and one hour of internet browsing? (I hardly ever talk on my phone)
Thanks in advance!

I would suggest going on YouTube and do a search on "Galaxy Note 2 Review", Battery review, etc... There is where I acquired most of my information that help me make the decision. As for the battery, the BEST battery life todate was 1 day/9 hours/31 mins ON Battery with 12% left...

Hope this helps...

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the Note 2 is big and going try one out at a store and see if you feel like you can live with it. I have only had the Note 2 for 2 months, but now when I use my wife's Galaxy S3, it seems absolutely small. I have not had any problems with games on the Note 2 or the battery lasting through out the day.

Good luck on your decision.

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks in advance!

1) I am 6' tall & medium build, wear levi 501 jeans that fit. I mean, not loose, not tight. Fits fine in front pocket, easy in, easy out.
2) Haven't found a game that lags. I play Shadowgun, Dead Trigger, NBA Jam, Real Racing 3 & NFS MW.
3) All Note 2 have micro sd.
4)16gb in the States. I have 110 apps installed, 6.62 gbs free.
5) Best battery I have had was 2days, 4hrs, ,with 5 & 1/2 hours screen time. I average 14-16 hours with at least 30% at end of day with medium/heavy usage.

Tony2255

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Without a case it fits in my pocket fine. When I put it in my otter box I have to wear it on my belt.
2. Great for games
3, yes
4. 16 but I put a 32 gig card in
5. Very heavy use I get 12-16 hours. Great battery...best in industry for sure although my Z10 comes close.

You will love th note if you like Androids

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
With a Cruzerlite A2 gel case, the Note 2 fits in the front pockets of my men's dress slacks with plenty of room to spare. I can easily slip it in and pull it out. That's the way I carry my Note around the workplace.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I carry mine in the pocket of my dress pants or the breast pocket of my suit jacket. Either is very comfortable. I prefer the pants pocket though. The phone is big enough that it doesn't shift to the side, it stays standing while in my pocket.

It also fits fine in jeans pockets and shorts pockets. I had it with me 2 entire days at Sea World and Busch Gardens during spring break.

The battery should last all day unless you are going crazy with it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

iso99

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I am comfortable putting it in my front pocket too, with a flip cover.

Battery is good. Will last a day even with heavy data usage.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use very thin cases and it fits great in any pocket of my jeans. I use a 30 gig class 10 card and it has worked flawlessly.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
1) I have the UAG case on mine which is kind of thick but it fits in my pants and I wear slim jeans. It's a little bit of a struggle sometimes to pull out but it does fit in my pocket securely with the one corn usually sticking out a little though.
2) Flawless gaming performance. I don't play real big graphic intensive games but it plays games like Dead Trigger perfect. Games look GORGEOUS on the Note 2. You would think that the big screen size would stretch the graphics or something but it doesn't, or at least not on any games I have encountered.
3) Yes every model of the Note 2 does.
4) 16gb built in. I have a 64gb class 10 sandisk in mine and haven't had any problems, been using it for 2 months now. I have heard of people having issues with the 32 and 64 before though.
5) I use my phone for a lot of web browsing on Chrome, Facebook app, and about 2-3 hours of games and it usually gets me through the day with 20% left. It's hard to pinpoint how exactly long it will last but if you're fully charged at the beginning of the day you're guaranteed to get through the day.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
if you're fully charged at the beginning of the day you're guaranteed to get through the day.

I wouldn't make general statements like that. For the ops intended usage the phone should last all day no problem, however the battery can certainly be killed in less than day by heavy usage. It's a fantastic phone with a fantastic battery but that's just a fact

Sent from my Note 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't make general statements like that. For the ops intended usage the phone should last all day no problem, however the battery can certainly be killed in less than day by heavy usage. It's a fantastic phone with a fantastic battery but that's just a fact

Sent from my Note 2

Exactly. Everyone's use is different. I can end the day at 71% or as low as 40% all depends on use. But I will admit I haven't had to worry about charging it during the day.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. Everyone's use is different. I can end the day at 71% or as low as 40% all depends on use. But I will admit I haven't had to worry about charging it during the day.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

And I've had days where I can drain the battery by 6pm. I wouldn't call that normal by any stretch but it certainly can be done

Sent from my Note 2

Tony2255

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Depends on your use. Most days mine would get me the full day others half the day. For the past few years I just carry a charger around with me to make sure I always have juice no matter what phone I am using.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2