Flygrip

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have seen the youtube video about it but I have questions concerning bulk. Since it is stuck to the battery cover, which makes it virtually impossible to use a vehicle dock, right? If you have one, please tell me your pros and cons about it. Thank you.

For those that do not know what flygrip is, here I the youtube link: FlyGrip on the Samsung Galaxy Note II - Free Shipping and Case - YouTube

Definitely won't affect using the ibolt car dock.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't get one, and don't have anything against those who would, but every time I think of/see the Flygrip, it reminds me of the Opti-Grab:

9770633.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks kinda meh, but before using our, my hands would ache and now they don't. So it is worth it to me. Plus I use the kickstand option a lot. It also makes it more secure in one hand usage

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

note2user

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've considered this product, but I have my phone in an Otterbox Defender case and I wear it on my hip with the holster. This is my most important accessory, and all other accessories have to work with this one for me to consider it. (I didn't get an ibolt car dock until I knew it worked with the Defender case.) Has anyone tried attaching this to an Otterbox?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the Flygrip and love it. It's saved me from dropping the phone many times. Also, easy to watch Netflix and other videos with the kickstand.

If you're considering one and have medium or small hands, wait about another week. FlyGrip is releasing a model for Note 2 owners that order a medium or small.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the Flygrip and love it. It's saved me from dropping the phone many times. Also, easy to watch Netflix and other videos with the kickstand.

If you're considering one and have medium or small hands, wait about another week. FlyGrip is releasing a model for Note 2 owners that order a medium or small.
To me something seems odd about what you said because I have large hands and have been looking at FlyGrip for quite a while now and have only found them for medium and small hands. ??????

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've considered this product, but I have my phone in an Otterbox Defender case and I wear it on my hip with the holster. This is my most important accessory, and all other accessories have to work with this one for me to consider it. (I didn't get an ibolt car dock until I knew it worked with the Defender case.) Has anyone tried attaching this to an Otterbox?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I found this on the Flygrip website.

There are some things that we know for sure.Most cases will work with Flygrip. Materials that are known to work are hard plastic cases, TPU cases, Aluminum cases, and wood cases.Cases that have a rubber material, like Otterbox cases, will require the use our special primer.* This primer gives added adhesion to materials that are difficult to stick to.* We can include this with your order if you let us know in advance that you are planning to use Flygrip with one of these rubber cases.The jelly silicone cases will NOT allow the adhesive to bond. If you have your heart set on using one of these cases, the only way around it would be to cut a section of the back of the case and have the Flygrip mounted to the back of your phone (We have a video that shows this on Youtube). We would hope that you would just use our complimentary case at this point, since it will provide just as much protection as the silicone cases.**

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I really like it. MUCH easier to hold phone. Also the only stand I have seen that works in both portrait and landscape. I have attached it to the case that came with it, so I have the option to remove it and use the phone naked (but I sledom do.) Very responsive company; my first one was defective and they immediately sent me a sutstitute.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Here's a prior thread on the FlyGrip: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-note-2/225203-got-flygrip.html

Page 2 of that thread includes a video I shot and my comments on it. I don't use it all the time, but I still like it a lot and I'm glad I have it.

The FlyGrip works with my ProClip car mount, which I also like a lot, photos in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-note-2/225112-oem-car-dock.html#post2329049

ProClip sells a mount that has a built-in charging dock, too, but I bought the simpler and cheaper one that doesn't include that. (I can plug a cable into my phone while it's in my mount if I need to charge it. The ProClip will not work with any case on the phone, however. For a while I wasn't using any case, but I bought a cheap TPU case and cut out a rectangle where the FlyGrip is attached to my phone, so now I can put that case on or take it off (to put the phone in the ProClip in my car) while the FlyGrip stays stuck to my phone.

I think the FlyGrip comes in small, medium, and large sizes, for different size hands. I got the large, and it just barely can work as a kickstand in portrait mode for the GN2 without the phone tipping over. Even then, it doesn't really click into place in portrait mode, so any little bump and the phone would fall over. I understand that the small and medium size FlyGrips as they were originally made (before huge phones like the GN2 came out!) would NOT support the GN2 in portrait mode, so FlyGrip is in the process of redesigning those sizes of FlyGrip (or maybe it has already completed that, I'm not sure) to work as kickstands in portrait mode with big phones.

I mounted my FlyGrip much lower than shown in the QBKing77 video shown above. I suppose if it were mounted up high like that on the back of the phone, it might not topple over when used as a kickstand in portrait mode, but the phone would be reclined at a pretty low angle, too.

I do like using the kickstand in landscape mode if watching a video.

Finally, not sure if this deal is still live or not, but when I bought mine, you could enter QBKing77 as a promotion code and get free shipping on a FlyGrip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463