09-23-2013 03:25 AM
28 12
tools
    It seems that in you're Google sync settings, un checking sync contacts does seem to help a little.

Also if you do use Google Now, that's what drains allot of the battery. But rather then the battery list saying Google Now, it just says "Google Services" I do use Google Now but I don't have location history and automatically report from this device checked. That seems to help battery drain allot.

The reason is because when you turn Google Now on, it automatically checks those two things. That's why when you un check them in Google Map setting's. When you open Google Now it will ask you to turn on location history and if you touch that card that pops up it will turn on automatically report from this Device as well as check on, location history.

I just ignore that pop up and swipe it to the side. Doing that will stop it from coming back up for at least 24 hours.

I still do agree Google needs to fix this issue. Back in Android 4.1.1 I never had Google Services or Google Maps eat away my battery. In fact it never came up on my battery list at all. And I had location history on, ect.

So as I said Google needs to really work on optimizing Google Now and Google Maps. Though it doesn't seem they are worried about it as if they did care we would see updates to Google Now and Google Maps at least once every week or two. Along with updating Google play services.

I'll just continue to restart my Note 2 before I charge it and hope Google optimizes there software for better battery life.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Not really a Google maps issue i say its more of just a bug in 4.1.2. It seems as if it is that something wasn't optimized or built properly in 4.1.2. If Samsung ever does update this thing to 4.2 or even 4.3 if we are lucky then I'm sure a lot of people will see increased battery life as with either version their seems to be little drain from Google maps or Google now.
    07-29-2013 11:58 PM
    For what its worth I'd like to sharr my battery blues with you guys; I have had a samsung note 2 for about 5 months. Up until yesterday I was getting almost 2 full days between charges. Used mainly for reading, web browsing and general use....about 5 hours each day.....overnight would only lose 2% to 3 % of battery life. But last night charging light (red) was not constantly on whilst charging....when full charged....about 9pm....I swtched off wifi and killed*apps...lost almost 20 % overnight. I have not changed anything on my phone.....any thoughts?
    09-21-2013 10:40 PM
    First of all....a big thank you for all the ideas and feedback on this forum.

I have discovered the following:

1. The socket was faulty. ...I live and work in Thailand and so things aren't so perfect here. ...mmm...

2. I disabled google music and google +.. then recharged overnight unplugging at 7am. It is now 15:20 and my battery is at 92%. I haven't used the phone very much today. ...only for a couple of calls and to look up some info in Evernote....so mostly it's been idle.....this is more like the way it should be...

Will keep an eye on any changes. ..

Thanks again folks....by the way I mostly use my phone for work...ie email..evernote...surfing....reading news and playing with photo apps...
    09-23-2013 03:25 AM
28 12