Anybody have an educated guess on when I can expect to see these updates based on past experience?

I'm looking forward to the nicer looking updated Touchwiz (with no black notification bar!) and an android update to 4.2

Sent from my Note 2
    04-02-2013 01:08 PM
    I'm thinking my next custom ROM will have new Touchwiz updates.
    04-02-2013 10:37 PM
    me too. Im so sick of Map's draining all of my battery ever since 4.1.2 The difference is huge and very noticeable when not using the phone for a few hours you go and pick it up and about 8% of battery is gone after just a nap. Then I look in Settings / Battery and Map's is at the top of the list with about 40% battery used. It just makes no sense because yesterday it was fine and Map's stayed under 6% in Battery but then I put my phone on the charger take it off when its full and battery is already at the top of the list within a few minutes...

Im so sick of this issue. I have location reporting off, all that.. Tried un installing maps, deleted cache, data, reboot. re installed maps and it was fixed for a day or two but then it goes back to Map's eating battery. it just pisses me off because I lose so much battery due to maps running in the backround so much for no reason at all...
    04-03-2013 04:50 AM
    I don't have map using my battery, did you close it after using it? Long press home key and swipe across.
    I close everything when I put the phone down. =)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    04-03-2013 05:05 AM
    I don't have map using my battery, did you close it after using it? Long press home key and swipe across.
    I close everything when I put the phone down. =)

+1 always close everything

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    04-03-2013 08:59 PM
    Im so sick of this issue. I have location reporting off, all that.. Tried un installing maps, deleted cache, data, reboot. re installed maps and it was fixed for a day or two but then it goes back to Map's eating battery. it just pisses me off because I lose so much battery due to maps running in the backround so much for no reason at all...
    Do you have another app that might be using data from it and causing it to start up?
    04-03-2013 10:40 PM
    I would try turning off the Google now cards that require your location. I did that and it seems to have helped my battery drain issue.
    04-04-2013 02:46 PM
    Didn't take long for my thread to get hijacked...

No one else interested in getting these updates?

Sent from my Note 2
    04-04-2013 02:52 PM
    I could take or leave them. There's nothing that great in the touchwiz updates. Seeing as the note will supposedly receive klp it would be most efficient to roll it all out together. The klp features will probably blow away the Samsung ones.

04-04-2013 03:00 PM
    No I checked for rouge apps. I also always back out of apps unless I will need to get right back into then like Pulse or Crome, or even Tapatalk. But when I'm done with an app I back out. Always have.

Maps is using battery even if I haven't opened it in days. Restarting my phone seems to be the only way. If I don't restart my Note 2 and just recharge it maps starts to climb to the top of the list even if my phone had been sitting there all night while I sleep. It's at the top of the battery list in settings and my battery is at 85%-80% rather then 94% like I used to get overnight and still do if I restart my phone. Just sucks that I have to restart my phone every time I want to charge it. If the battery drain wasn't noticeable it wouldn't be a problem and I could care less. But when map's is acting up there is a night and day difference, while using the phone and while it's just sitting there as maps sucks the battery life out of it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    04-07-2013 01:57 AM