Hi everyone!

So I've had my phone for a week now.. I do miss having my emoji's/emoticons from my iPhone..

I have seen youtube videos on how to get emoji's one of which I did (install ChompSMS and the emoji plug in) but just realized that's only for text messages..

I saw a thread or post somewhere that you can do emoji's just by selecting the "google" or "android" keyboard and enabling emoji keyboard or something.. but the problem is I don't have either one of those keyboards in my default settings..

and the thought of "rooting or unrooting" not sure which it's called.. I'm too much of a noobie with this phone I'm terrified I might mess something up (and in my case that usually happens - which is probably why I never jailbreaked my iPhone)

is there something i'm missing on my phone? I want to be able to not just text people emoji's but I do use them a lot when I'm on twitter/instagram etc.. I don't want a keyboard that you can type it but it comes out as blank boxes or chinese symbols (because honestly i'll probably forget what emoji i'm typing if it's like that)..

I hope I make sense?

AND if anyone can answer my other question about fonts.. I downloaded a font and it works everywhere except on my news feed of instagram (not on my home timeline where i see everyone's pictures I see the font just fine there, just not on my news feed " pictures attached.. is that normal?

Because I thought the fonts were supposed to be everywhere on the phone? (i find it doesn't work on the news feed on my instagram and on Facebook app (when i click on my fan pages) .. font doesn't work.. Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Emoji/Emoticons?-screenshot_2013-04-05-13-12-11.png   Emoji/Emoticons?-screenshot_2013-04-05-13-12-16.png   Emoji/Emoticons?-screenshot_2013-04-05-13-12-23.png  
    04-05-2013 03:52 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2684976

Let me know if this helps or is confusing and I can try to explain it better. But android handles emojis differently than ios. It's kind of a trade off for android being so open i.e. being able to use different keyboards

Sent from my Note 2
    04-05-2013 04:04 PM
    thanks! Just read it.. so I wouldn't be able to see them right (the emoticons because they aren't recognized).. unless I was rooted (from a website I had read can't remember off the top of my head, will have to look)
    04-05-2013 04:08 PM
    thanks! Just read it.. so I wouldn't be able to see them right (the emoticons because they aren't recognized).. unless I was rooted (from a website I had read can't remember off the top of my head, will have to look)
    Emojis are just a set of characters at the end of the day and it's a crap shoot on how each app and keyboard recognizes them. Iphone has standardized on one set and one keyboard, android not so much.

Sent from my Note 2
    04-05-2013 04:13 PM