Hi All!

So I finally got my new MicroSD card in the mail and I searched the forums and a few answered my other questions (like how to save pictures to memory card instead of internal camera).. so that's good..

I know how to move picture files to the MicroSD card.. through My Files.. but Can I do this to all my music too (and then delete the old files from the internal storage)..
    - If I do that will I still be able to use the music player or would I have to redirect it to the new folder my music would be in?

same thing for the pictures (i haven't deleted them from the internal storage yet). will for example my photo albums know where to look (in the new SD card) or would it pull up a blank (if i were to delete the pictures from the internal storage)

I was contemplating on returning this phone a couple days ago.. but now i'm really enjoying it and it's getting harder and harder to go back to my iPhone.. even though I miss a few features that the Note 2 can't do.
    04-06-2013 11:29 AM
    I have to disagree, there is nothing this phone can't do !!
    04-06-2013 11:50 AM
    You can move your music and pictures to the sd card. The music app and picture app that got use will find the files at new location

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-06-2013 12:56 PM
    I have to disagree, there is nothing this phone can't do !!
    not true :P it doesn't have the quick access to the camera like the iPhone (when you have your phone set to lock with a passcode) you don't have to enter it.. not like the Note 2.. unless you put your inactivity to like 30 minutes.. but then beats the purpose of locking your phone with a passcode.. i probably don't make sense, but those with iPhones know what I'm talking about..

as well as the emoji's.. some people think it's crap/useless.. but to me that's how i communicated with my friends lol made texting and using instagram/twitter so much more fun.. and then theres the scrolling in the text boxes (in instagram for example) can't scroll up and down.. it's a PITA to try to scroll up and down in my text box to see what i'm writing.. it either jumps to the top or to the bottom but can't seamlessly scroll through my whole paragraph to proofread for mistakes before I post a picture..

nonetheless I still like the phone and all the customizable features you can do.. (which my iPhone friends tease me all the time because they say i can get customizable themes if i jailbreak my phone - which I didn't want to).. still hoping there will be that quick access to the camera without pressing the passcode (and without having to set screen lock to 30 mins) in the future.. Love the big screen

- - - Updated - - -

You can move your music and pictures to the sd card. The music app and picture app that got use will find the files at new location

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Thanks a lot
    04-06-2013 01:28 PM
    So now I understand why people are always beotching about lockscreens. Seems trivial to me but I've never been a dedicated crApple user and never will be. I experienced enough with my ipod touch and their restrictive controlling ways to know I'll never go back.

Sent thru cyber space by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    04-06-2013 01:38 PM
    not true :P it doesn't have the quick access to the camera like the iPhone (when you have your phone set to lock with a passcode) you don't have to enter it.. not like the Note 2.. unless you put your inactivity to like 30 minutes.. but then beats the purpose of locking your phone with a passcode.. i probably don't make sense, but those with iPhones know what I'm talking about..
    While the stock lockscreen can't do this, you can download a lockscreen app to achieve this. A couple of them are paid options, but you could try magiclocker which is free.

Also the next android update will be adding this feature

Sent from my GT-N7100
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-07-2013 03:50 PM