Screen rotation for home screens?

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've got the fifth row cut off, too. Note the icon on the upper left -- mine also has an "F", which means its in forced landscape. I've tried every other global rotation setting and the fifth row is always cut off.

Attachments

• rotatescreen.jpg
    rotatescreen.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 19

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I've got the fifth row cut off, too. Note the icon on the upper left -- mine also has an "F", which means its in forced landscape. I've tried every other global rotation setting and the fifth row is always cut off.

Same for me. Im not sure why it does for some and not others. I just went with apex launcher and havent had any problems. Spen still works just fine, only difference from what I can tell is page buddy no longer pops up. Also when it rotates the icons resize and nothing gets cut off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Same for me. Im not sure why it does for some and not others. I just went with apex launcher and havent had any problems. Spen still works just fine, only difference from what I can tell is page buddy no longer pops up. Also when it rotates the icons resize and nothing gets cut off.

What's odd is that the people who don't have a problem have 5 columns and 4 rows, so there is no fifth row to cut off. I have 4 columns and 5 rows, which is of course what you have when you're in portrait mode. So there is something on my Note 2 forcing or keeping this portrait-mode arrangement of icons when I rotate the phone into landscape mode. The other Note 2s are letting Ultimate Rotation re-arrange the icons into the 5 column/4 row configuration. Unless there really is some switch in Ultimate's settings that they've hit and I haven't, the only difference would be carrier-based. I can't imagine a carrier exerting control to that degree, but who knows.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Good find man. I hadnt even thought of counting the rows from others pictures. Yep it must be setting thats not allowing the rearrangement of apps.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
What's odd is that the people who don't have a problem have 5 columns and 4 rows, so there is no fifth row to cut off. I have 4 columns and 5 rows, which is of course what you have when you're in portrait mode. So there is something on my Note 2 forcing or keeping this portrait-mode arrangement of icons when I rotate the phone into landscape mode. The other Note 2s are letting Ultimate Rotation re-arrange the icons into the 5 column/4 row configuration. Unless there really is some switch in Ultimate's settings that they've hit and I haven't, the only difference would be carrier-based. I can't imagine a carrier exerting control to that degree, but who knows.

That makes me wonder, the people who are having issues with Ultimate Rotation, what carrier are you with?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I hate to keep repeating the same thing over and over but I'm using the forced auto setting and it's working flawlessly for me

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

We know some people have it working right. Thats not the point of continuing this thread. The point is narrowing down why its not working for some us. Its maybe a setting within the app or within the phone

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
We know some people have it working right. Thats not the point of continuing this thread. The point is narrowing down why its not working for some us. Its maybe a setting within the app or within the phone

The purpose of my response was to point out that I'm using the"forced auto" setting. Which is why I responded to the post about the settings.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The purpose of my response was to point out that I'm using the"forced auto" setting. Which is why I responded to the post about the settings.

And your point is what about using "forced auto"? For the people that have it working and they didnt change anything and it works like it should, those people really cant help us. If anyone had it not working and then did "something" to fix it, then those are the people that really need to respond.

Off topic but dont you hate when people respond to a thread and dont really have anything helpful to say on the topic at hand. <---kind of like this post and the one I quoted.

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
And your point is what about using "forced auto"? For the people that have it working and they didnt change anything and it works like it should, those people really cant help us. If anyone had it not working and then did "something" to fix it, then those are the people that really need to respond.

Off topic but dont you hate when people respond to a thread and dont really have anything helpful to say on the topic at hand. <---kind of like this post and the one I quoted.

Wow you are one thick headed *******. I responded to a post about setting options by saying that I use " forced auto" setting and now it's come to this.

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey try the different modes of landscape. I believe one is forced auto, auto lanscape and landscape. Do any these make it so the icons arent cut off?

And I responded by saying. "I USE FORCED AUTO AND IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY"

YOU UNDERSTAND THE POINT OF MY POST NOW NOW GENIUS?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
A few of you feel the need to start pointing fingers and get personal, let's just stop now before things go any further.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
And I responded by saying. "I USE FORCED AUTO AND IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY"

YOU UNDERSTAND THE POINT OF MY POST NOW NOW GENIUS?

Yes I always understood your point but since my original post DID NOT APPLY TO YOU because yours is working correctly I didnt understand why you commented. I know it works I just want to know why it works for some and not others.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
A few of you feel the need to start pointing fingers and get personal, let's just stop now before things go any further.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator

Im not getting personal. Prior to the comment above I havent used caps in an angrily tone as far as I know. If you believe that I have then I apologize. I will stop commenting on this particular post. Though I am one of the people with issues running ultimate rotation, I will only read not comment from here on out on this particular issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech