Touch Screen Issue on Galaxy Note 2

boudizz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I've started to notice a very weird problem, as the touchscreen of the galaxy note 2 is sensitive to the headphone wire while it is plugged in, does any one else facing the same problem.
I could "after few attempts" press any button on the touchscreen using the plugged headset wire.
of course we should NOT see a bothering issue like this for high end phablet like note 2, but i guess this is related to S-Pen air view maybe?!!!

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I've started to notice a very weird problem, as the touchscreen of the galaxy note 2 is sensitive to the headphone wire while it is plugged in, does any one else facing the same problem.
I could "after few attempts" press any button on the touchscreen using the plugged headset wire.
of course we should NOT see a bothering issue like this for high end phablet like note 2, but i guess this is related to S-Pen air view maybe?!!!

I'm sorry i don't understand what you mean that the screen is sensitive to the headphone wire. you mean when the wire touches the screen? if this is the case, then you have a poor grounding issue with the wire (for example, the wire sheath is actually conductive). please clarify.

boudizz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
sorry for confusion I may have caused, what i meant is that touchscreen is responding to headset wire strokes on it. In other words, for example when headset wire touches the touchscreen on end call button, while i'm talking, it could hangup the ongoing call.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
sorry for confusion I may have caused, what i meant is that touchscreen is responding to headset wire strokes on it. In other words, for example when headset wire touches the touchscreen on end call button, while i'm talking, it could hangup the ongoing call.

ok then yes, you have an improperly shielded headset wire. i would try another headset. it is most likely not the screen (you can test this by simply plugging anything into the headset jack and touching the wire across the screen).

if it does this with all headsets, then you have an improper ground connection which may have been shorted during assembly (or re-assembly if you took it apart at some point). if you did not take the note2 apart at any point, then immediately bring it in for warranty repair/exchange.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Yep the wire is is not shielded correctly ismy guess.

I just bought a pair of gloves that have a built in wire on the thumb and forefinger. It lets you use a touchscreen while wearing gloves, they are pretty sweet. Its currently 20 degrees where im at right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

boudizz

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I've tried a couple of headsets and still having the same problem, so I guess it got nothing to do with wrote isolation. the screen does not respond to all strokes of the wire, but sometimes it does, especially when I'm on call, has anyone tried to stroke the headset wire on screen while it's plugged in socket to see if you will face the same.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I've tried a couple of headsets and still having the same problem, so I guess it got nothing to do with wrote isolation. the screen does not respond to all strokes of the wire, but sometimes it does, especially when I'm on call, has anyone tried to stroke the headset wire on screen while it's plugged in socket to see if you will face the same.

Have your phone replaced. There is a faulty ground connection.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

No I have never tried that. I dont actively seek out issues with my phone. However I have used apples iphone 5 headset and never had an issue. Try this. Try rubbing the cords on the screen without actually plugging them in. Might be best to troubleshoot if its a phone problem or cheaply made headsets especially if you have your phone set just the way you wany it and dont want to return it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Rich Carey

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and am usoing the Bose earbuds that have the built in mic. The Note scren is too sensitive, in fact, when i out it in my poocket without the screen locked, apps launch when it rubs against the pocket. I have not found any way to decrease the screen sensitivity either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2