I see that Samsung has made a new Galaxy phone, the Mega, with 5.8 and 6.3 inch screens. It doesn't appear they will be the top of the line like the Note brand because they have dual core processors and less memory. I think this indicates that the Note 3 will stay in the 5.5 inch screen range which is great IMO, I wasn't really keen on getting a 6 inch phone, if I decide to upgrade when it comes out. However I'm still in love with my Note 2 and don't see a need for an upgrade no time soon.
    04-11-2013 08:48 AM
    For me the 5.5" is as big as I will go for a phone. I am hoping that with all the talk of the PC market coming to an end because of tablets and smartphones that we will see 12"-14" tablets coming to market. That will be for me the perfect combination, a 5.5" phone and 12"-14" tablet.
    Gray Area and lpt2569 like this.
    04-11-2013 09:09 AM
    the specs aren't nearly as impressive as the note 2/s4 but definitely going to play with it at my local best buy since the rumor is at some point the note 3/4 will be 6.3 inches also
    04-11-2013 09:46 AM
    I see that Samsung has made a new Galaxy phone, the Mega, with 5.8 and 6.3 inch screens. It doesn't appear they will be the top of the line like the Note brand because they have dual core processors and less memory. I think this indicates that the Note 3 will stay in the 5.5 inch screen range which is great IMO, I wasn't really keen on getting a 6 inch phone, if I decide to upgrade when it comes out. However I'm still in love with my Note 2 and don't see a need for an upgrade no time soon.
    The rumors are that the Note 3 will have a 5.8" screen. Hopefully with the same outside dimensions!!
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-11-2013 09:55 AM
    For me the 5.5" is as big as I will go for a phone. I am hoping that with all the talk of the PC market coming to an end because of tablets and smartphones that we will see 12"-14" tablets coming to market. That will be for me the perfect combination, a 5.5" phone and 12"-14" tablet.
    I hoping with the note 3 we get everything s4 has but better cameras both front and back, better low light sensor. Im with you though, 5.5" is as big as I am willing to go I think. Its hard asking for better internals stuff because what I have now works just fine. Maybe a better processor that uses less power like the exynos 5 but thats about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-11-2013 10:12 AM
    Max of 8 GB memory on the 5.8 inch is pretty idiotic and no an SD card slot doesn't make it OK. I think Samsung's line is getting too spread out.
    04-11-2013 10:22 AM
    Highly doubt they'll ever make it to the states.
    04-11-2013 10:57 AM
    I hoping with the note 3 we get everything s4 has but better cameras both front and back, better low light sensor. Im with you though, 5.5" is as big as I am willing to go I think. Its hard asking for better internals stuff because what I have now works just fine. Maybe a better processor that uses less power like the exynos 5 but thats about it.

I find the Note 2's camera, at least the back one, terrific. I can't imagine the S4's camera won't be as good.
    04-11-2013 11:22 AM
    I seen on the Internet that the screen is proper awful

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    04-11-2013 11:25 AM
    I just want some confirmation, there will be a note3, yes?? Very worried that this Mega is replacement for the note. Screen size is not a problem for me, I'm a two handed user anyway but the lack of Spen and the crappy specs mean I won't be touching these
    04-11-2013 11:26 AM
    I find the Note 2's camera, at least the back one, terrific. I can't imagine the S4's camera won't be as good.
    You are absolutely correct sir about the cameras being terrific. I apologize if I wasnt clear. I find it hard to ask for anything better than the note 2. How can perfection be more perfect?

Some may argue that our Notes dont have built in wireless charging.
    Wireless charging means nothing to me. I couldnt care less about it. I dont see the point honestly. If in order to charge I still have to be on a charging mat tethered to a desk or table somewhere then how is that better than a cord? Is wireless charging even an efficient charging method? As it stands now it sometimes take 3 hours to charge my note 2.

Thats my rant. Sorry I just feel like talking, if im wrong please tell me so.

Sue Donym and Topgonzo like this.
    04-11-2013 11:32 AM
    I just want some confirmation, there will be a note3, yes?? Very worried that this Mega is replacement for the note. Screen size is not a problem for me, I'm a two handed user anyway but the lack of Spen and the crappy specs mean I won't be touching these
    No way there are many rumors about the note 3, the note is a premium phone these definitely am not

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-11-2013 12:09 PM
    I'm not impressed by the new big devices they are releasing. How can a phone bigger than the Note 2 without the Spen have a smaller battery. What on earth are they doing with all that extra space?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-11-2013 01:55 PM
    Is it possible that Samsung is using these Mega phones to gauge consumer reaction to the sizes, before they finalize the specs of the Note 3?

They probably don't expect or need huge sales for the Megas, and it's less of a risk to experiment with bigger sizes on these lower-end phones. I doubt they want to take a huge risk with the Note series, though, which is proving to be a very successful line for them.

Or is the Note 3 probably so far along in the product development process that its size must already be decided?

Note 2 is 151.1 mm x 80.5 mm x 9.44 mm. The Galaxy Mega 6.3 is 167.6 x 88 x 8.0 mm. I don't really need a thinner Note. I'd have to hold the Mega to really get a sense of whether it's too big or not. I'm satisfied with the Note 2's size, but I can't absolutely rule out going a bit larger.
    04-11-2013 02:29 PM
    I also don't mind going for a bit larger screen but I notice that you could almost fit a 6.3 screen in the current note if you got rid of the bezel and had edge to edge screen
    04-11-2013 03:14 PM
    There's a very good chance that some department head told engineering to design a device with a screen <this size> because it would cut down waste of the sheets they use to make the display.
    This sort of thing happens more often that you think.
    04-11-2013 04:17 PM
    Not interested in the Mega line. Lower specs, no S-pen? Thanks but no thanks. Very, very happy with the Note 2.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-11-2013 04:52 PM
    I'm hoping the Note brand doesn't eclipse the 5.8-5.9 range because I believe they can make that screen size without changing the form factor of the phone kinda like how they stretched the s4 to 5 inches vs the S3 4-8inches without increasing the size of the phone.
    04-11-2013 05:13 PM
    The bigger screen is nice in theory, but until I actually hold it in my hands I can't really comment on if I'll like it that big. The Note 2 works well enough for me, not sure bigger would be better at this point.

In terms of specifications though, pretty underwhelming. Definitely doesn't seem to be marketed toward power users.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-11-2013 07:17 PM