Review of the Samsung Galaxy Mega

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
tumblr_lf8rvybttO1qzzd6io1_400.jpg

"Man, that thing is HUUGE!"

I don't see the Mega fitting in anyone's pocket, at least not comfortably or unless the person wears zoot suit trousers. That's probably the dividing line for me as opposed to pure one-handed use. The Note 2 pokes at that line with some pockets for me as it is.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That's too big. Too big not for them to have included an S Pen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
If you want it I hope you don't live in the US because I keep hearing that it won't even be available here.

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Right why would you ever downgrade specs for a bigger screen? The note 2 still blows the top phones outta the water and is still number 1 on the market really so why go to dual core slow *** quallcom s.o.c from a quad core exynos thats make no sense and to what get less than an inch bigger in screen size just to have a slower phone keep your note 2s guys youd regret it otherwise. ..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Donvald

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
When i first heard of this device i thought it was a joke. But i can see the attraction for some.

Im also sort of glad that this comes out which puts the note 2 in perspective
I can see this taking off though. In the coming months i think ill see a few of these on the trains in rushour instead of the ipas minis and kindles etc.

A smartphone is all about the features and with a screen size this big content can be enjoyed on the go without fuss or compromise. Thumbs up for samsung with this move.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind a bump in size on the next note, but with the downgrade in specs.....no way....I agree the note 3 will have to have some exciting improvements to move me off of the note 2 now that I've jumped to the note 8 for my tablet needs!

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the Mega fitting in anyone's pocket, at least not comfortably or unless the person wears zoot suit trousers. That's probably the dividing line for me as opposed to pure one-handed use. The Note 2 pokes at that line with some pockets for me as it is.

This has got to be one of the weakest arguments against phones like the Note 2 and now the Mega series. Unless 95% of the people buying these phones wear skinny jeans everyday, then it will fit in a pocket just fine. I wear regular Levi's/Gap/Old Navy jeans and have never felt uncomfortable with my Note 2 in my pocket. Even when wearing dress slacks, it fits fine. I just don't see the whole small pocket epidemic that must be crushing the nation right now like everyone says.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I just don't see the whole small pocket epidemic that must be crushing the nation right now like everyone says.

I have the small pocket disease, however it's not the size of the pocket, but the amount of cash in them.

OK, to be serious, I don't have a single pair of pants that the phone wont fit in. I actually hope the Note 3 is a little larger (maybe not 6.3, but 6.0)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf8rvybttO1qzzd6io1_400.jpg
"Man, that thing is HUUGE!"

Volumetrically speaking based on the nominal dimensions, the mega 6.3 is only 1% larger than the note 2 . It is taller and wider but thinner than the note 2

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I wear skinny jeans and willing to post a picture.
I can slide my note 2 in my front and back pocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This has got to be one of the weakest arguments against phones like the Note 2 and now the Mega series. Unless 95% of the people buying these phones wear skinny jeans everyday, then it will fit in a pocket just fine. I wear regular Levi's/Gap/Old Navy jeans and have never felt uncomfortable with my Note 2 in my pocket. Even when wearing dress slacks, it fits fine. I just don't see the whole small pocket epidemic that must be crushing the nation right now like everyone says.

I wasn't talking about the Note 2, which fits fine in my pocket, even with skinny (or slim fit, as I prefer to call them) jeans. I'm talking about this phone, which is larger than the Note 2. As I mentioned, the Note 2 is on the cusp. It fits fine. If it were larger -- in length and/or width -- I might have pocket problems.

seoulbrova

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't talking about the Note 2, which fits fine in my pocket, even with skinny (or slim fit, as I prefer to call them) jeans. I'm talking about this phone, which is larger than the Note 2. As I mentioned, the Note 2 is on the cusp. It fits fine. If it were larger -- in length and/or width -- I might have pocket problems.

I hope this thing doesn't sell well. My GUESS is that Samsung is testing the waters to see how extreme they can go in terms of size.
I think if this sells as well as the Note, they will drastically increase the size of the Note 3.

Personally, the size of the Note 2 is perfect. If they can keep the physical size the same and just slightly increase screen size I wouldn't complain. If the actual physical size gets any bigger, it'd really be pushing it.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I hope this thing doesn't sell well. My GUESS is that Samsung is testing the waters to see how extreme they can go in terms of size.
I think if this sells as well as the Note, they will drastically increase the size of the Note 3.

Personally, the size of the Note 2 is perfect. If they can keep the physical size the same and just slightly increase screen size I wouldn't complain. If the actual physical size gets any bigger, it'd really be pushing it.

I think that's what we're all hoping they do with the Note 3, squeeze another .2" of screen into the same size, like they did with the S4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol