Just bought the note 8

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I needed a tablet to replace my ipad 2. Hopefully this is it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

The way some people feel about the price, you might as well take a hundred dollar bill and light it on fire.

You don't feel that it overlaps with your N2? I ask because I want to get a new tab -- I have the 7" PlayBook, and I was thinking a 10" tab would complement the N2 better. That leads me to the Note 10.1, but the Note 8 being brand new is a big lure, despite the inflated price.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The way some people feel about the price, you might as well take a hundred dollar bill and light it on fire.

You don't feel that it overlaps with your N2? I ask because I want to get a new tab -- I have the 7" PlayBook, and I was thinking a 10" tab would complement the N2 better. That leads me to the Note 10.1, but the Note 8 being brand new is a big lure, despite the inflated price.

399.99 is a beat steep. I bought it at BB so after tax it was 429. However, since I am on a buisness trip and earn perdiem, I have barely been spending money at all. When I get back and file my voucher ill probably make a couple hundred extra dollars. Thats how I justify the cost.

I am going to be reviewing while using it. I have a new post started on the galaxy note 8 section of AC.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by JasW<br />
The way some people feel about the price, you might as well take a hundred dollar bill and light it on fire. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
399.99 is a beat steep. I bought it at BB so after tax it was 429. However, since I am on a buisness trip and earn perdiem, I have barely been spending money at all. When I get back and file my voucher ill probably make a couple hundred extra dollars. Thats how I justify the cost. <br />
<br />
I am going to be reviewing while using it. I have a new post started on the galaxy note 8 section of AC.<br />
<br />

I've bought a phone and some real expensive headphones using that same logic, ain't it great :)

Sent from my Note 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I told my wife a few minutes ago and she was upset about my impulsive spending. However I told her she can have my ipad 2 and she was quite happy about that. I get what I want she get what she wants. Winwin

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This came out today:
[ur!=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIpaAU2kZp8]Galaxy Note 8.0 Mini Review and Comparison - YouTube[/url]

Hmm, I think the Note 10.1 may still be a better bet to pair with the N2. I don't like that protruding camera at all. Or lack of flash, although picture taking with a tab is always kind of clunky.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I think the Note 10.1 may still be a better bet to pair with the N2. I don't like that protruding camera at all. Or lack of flash, although picture taking with a tab is always kind of clunky.

Not really gonna be an issue I think. As soon as a decent case comes out ill be getting one. Most likely the case will allow the protruding camera to sit flat and leave a nice even surface.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I can't see myself walking around taking pictures with a tablet, but having a camera is a must. Especially if you have a tablet with S-Pen functionality.
Scanning a document with the camera along with a scanning app. Then using the S-Pen to make notes or sign, then send it off as a PDF.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i love my n2 and note 8...its awesome! battery life has been great so far... 1 day on battery... 4hrs screen on... battery at 47%. I've been unfortunately busy and haven't had as much time as i would like with it. more apps work on multi screen... snote has even more features, the watchon tv app is great! it's a fabulous size.... i have a transformer prime and this is way more functional for my uses.

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Since I got my Note 2, it has replaced my Nexus 7 (which sits in the draw and which replaced iPad) I love it as an all in 1 convergence device (think the Note 2 is the first true convergence device.) Whether at home, work, or even vacations i find 5.5. inches is more than enough for all situations (reading, working, media...) Cant wait for the Note 3.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Since I got my Note 2, it has replaced my Nexus 7 (which sits in the draw and which replaced iPad) I love it as an all in 1 convergence device (think the Note 2 is the first true convergence device.) Whether at home, work, or even vacations i find 5.5. inches is more than enough for all situations (reading, working, media...) Cant wait for the Note 3.

I too have a Nexus 7 and when I got my Note 2 my N7 became rather lonely. Recently, I've been using it more (not more than the Note 2!) as I discovered I can use a second login for my favorite word game, to get more games against opponents. Sometimes when I start a new game on each device, the same person shows up, so I tell them that they are also playing me under my other login. Invariably they ask, "how do you do that??". (the game is Wordfeud, btw)

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I too have a Nexus 7 and when I got my Note 2 my N7 became rather lonely. Recently, I've been using it more (not more than the Note 2!) as I discovered I can use a second login for my favorite word game, to get more games against opponents. Sometimes when I start a new game on each device, the same person shows up, so I tell them that they are also playing me under my other login. Invariably they ask, "how do you do that??". (the game is Wordfeud, btw)

Funny, I do the same for candy crush. Both games synced to same level but I get 10 lives instead of 5

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49