SMS Feature not working on Facebook Messenger

shaungilmer

May 14, 2010
shaungilmer.com
SMS Feature not working on Facebook Messenger, got the Sprint version and have cleared data and reinstalled several times with no luck. The is zero settings that mention enabling it like it should!

shaungilmer

May 14, 2010
shaungilmer.com
btw before I get attacked with people just trying to start stuff, I did see the similar post but their issue shows the setting at least and my phone does not

dzim14

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Having the same problem on my Droid Razr. I ran the update, it gave me chatheads but not SMS. I've cleared the data and restarted, no luck. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck. Tried uninstalling restarting and reinstalling, no luck. I'm running Jelly Bean and my phone is not rooted so I don't see how there could be a reason why this won't work. :-\

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Have you guys opened up the messenger and hit tge menu button? Go into settings, there should be SMS/MMS. You should be able to enable from there, you would have to check use as main messaging app. I had it enabled in my Verizon Note 2. Not trying to be a smart aleck at all, just asking. Let me know if you guys get it working.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums.

greenskorpion

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Having the same problem. Have used the settings, made sure to check "enable text messaging" and "use as main texting app" but texts don't appear unless i click menu then refresh.

rdrakea

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
No SMS option for me either on AT&T Note 2 running stock 4.1.2. I have a friend with the exact same phone, same carrier and he has the option. Not sure what makes some not see the option.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
For those of you that don't see the option in settings for sms, I would have a friend log in with their FB account and see if the settings show up. I think this is more related to your FB account than your phone or carrier.

Posted via Android Central App

rdrakea

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that don't see the option in settings for sms, I would have a friend log in with their FB account and see if the settings show up. I think this is more related to your FB account than your phone or carrier.

Posted via Android Central App

I can confirm this is the case. I signed into my facebook messenger app with my mom's account and immediately got the pop up asking me to try SMS integration. Switched back to my facebook account and the SMS option is gone again.

So... who knows what it is that prevents a facebook login from being able to use SMS? Do you think it's an old Facebook mobile option set somewhere?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the "Mobile" settings on FB web page.

Top right corner is settings "gear" icon, account settings, left side menu "mobile" settings.

Just maybe.

Tyrannotaur

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
It seems to vary with different devices too. Just got a Pantech Flex, after dropping my Motorola Atrix HD into a lake. On the Atrix, I had SMS on messenger working and it was brilliant. Now on my Flex I don't see the option in my messenger app. I have been used the same Facebook account on both phones, and both are running Android 4.1.2.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who use Facebook Messenger as your SMS/MMS app, do you get notification for MMS? I have it setup as my main SMS/MMS app on my AT&T Note II because I like the chathead feature. Everything works just fine except I don't get any notification when a "MMS" came in. I get notification on SMS but not MMS or group TXT which is MMS.

fleury29

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. I went to Facebook (on my PC) and found out my mobile number was no longer verified. I followed the prompts and restarted my phone and the SMS option was back in Messenger. I went under my account options > Mobile.

Hope this helps.

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who use Facebook Messenger as your SMS/MMS app, do you get notification for MMS? I have it setup as my main SMS/MMS app on my AT&T Note II because I like the chathead feature. Everything works just fine except I don't get any notification when a "MMS" came in. I get notification on SMS but not MMS or group TXT which is MMS.

I have this problem. Although I have a Galaxy S4, FB messenger will not let me send an MMS, receive an MMS, or be part of an MMS group message

XUNICORNX

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
It`s about your account settings not your mobile network provider
I got this message with my main Facebook account I tried another account and it works
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad