Just when i was getting used to it this happens. In an effort to preserve battery at work i toggled the flight mode on and off but only later realized that i can't actually make or receive any calls.
    The signal bars show up but down at the notification center where the phone carrier normally is it says "Emergency Calls Only".
    Tried numerous reboots, selecting the carrier manually and automatically, even did a factory reset and got a new sim card from my provider but still the same.
    I wrote Samsung and asking for their advice before i decide to send the phone to them to have it checked. Has anyone else experienced this?

A friend suggested the phone might have been barred? As in people sell phones and declare them lost for the insurance money? I bought mine from ebay, brand new and sealed and paid through paypal so i assumed there was protection against these kind of things.
    How should i check if this could be the case? I just want to eliminate every possibility.

Thanks again for any help.
    04-15-2013 09:27 AM
    You can try calling the carrier and asking them if your phone was "blacklisted". I would think that they would be able to tell you.
    04-15-2013 09:42 AM