I was listening to music and the phone's display turns off after 30 seconds and I use the home button to wake it. The thing is it sometimes doesn't take me to the lock screen and just takes me to the app I was using, which is annoying since I pressed the home button and it then takes me to the home screen. Does anyone know why the phone wouldn't always lock when the display shuts off? It's also done this after like minutes so I know it's not just me waking it to early from it sleeping.
    04-15-2013 11:58 PM
    I was listening to music and the phone's display turns off after 30 seconds and I use the home button to wake it. The thing is it sometimes doesn't take me to the lock screen and just takes me to the app I was using, which is annoying since I pressed the home button and it then takes me to the home screen. Does anyone know why the phone wouldn't always lock when the display shuts off? It's also done this after like minutes so I know it's not just me waking it to early from it sleeping.
    So sometimes your lockscreen is bypassed completely and sometimes it's not? Or are you saying that where it takes you AFTER you unlock isn't consistent?
    04-16-2013 12:08 AM
    The first one. Like, usually I'll be playing music and then I'll wake the screen up and it will take me to the lock screen and then I unlock it and it goes to the app I was on. But sometimes it will just take me to the app and not make me unlock it, and since it doesn't make me unlock it, pressing the home button will take me out of my app. (I don't use the side button since it's not as convenient.)
    04-16-2013 12:24 AM
    I know I saw this setting somewhere, but I just can't find it :S Anyway, your screen doesn't automatically locks the device, it just turns off... There's a delay after turning the display off and actually locking the device due to inactivity (the only sure-fire way to lock the device is by pressing the power button). Again, I know there's a setting to choose just how long it takes between screen-off and lockdown, but I can't find it... :S You're probably pressing the home button between that time; your screen is off but your device is not yet locked, so it's still on the active app and, like always, pressing the home button when an app is active will take you back to Home Screen.
    04-16-2013 02:46 PM
    Well, this is what it happening. But it shouldn't since I have that time set to 5 seconds and I've had this happen after like 2 minutes of the display being off.
    04-16-2013 04:52 PM
    I've actually had this happen to me a few times. I can't replicate it though so it's hard to show someone.

Like you said, most of the time it locks properly, but occasionally it'll unlock itself without you needing to unlock it.

Wonder if more people have noticed this? What application do you use for music? Does it only happen when playing music?

So far I've only noticed it during music play and I'm using Player Pro.
    04-16-2013 05:32 PM
    I'm using the default music player for android. I think it happened when I was in the message app but I'm not sure but it definitely was happening on the music app, maybe it has something to do with the way the music app works.
    04-16-2013 10:15 PM