I've noticed that when recording video, the left microphone records right-side sounds, and the right microphone takes in left-side sounds. I know... I should turn the device 180 degrees for video recording to fix this. But anyway, as I'm using a bookcase "cover", it's much more convenient to use it in this position, so is there any way to just swap left/right microphone with the stock camera app?
    04-16-2013 04:59 AM
    I've noticed that when recording video, the left microphone records right-side sounds, and the right microphone takes in left-side sounds. I know... I should turn the device 180 degrees for video recording to fix this. But anyway, as I'm using a bookcase "cover", it's much more convenient to use it in this position, so is there any way to just swap left/right microphone with the stock camera app?
    Not with the stock camera app, but you could swap L and R channels after the fact on your PC. There are plenty of audio apps that do this, and I'm pretty sure you would be able to find a video app that allows it as well. Though it seems like an awful lot to go through when you can just use another type of case.
    04-16-2013 06:01 AM
    Nah, I'll see what I can do software-wise. A Note without a proper leather(ish) bookcase loses all its dignity.
    04-16-2013 09:13 AM
    Actually, this probably *is* a bug... When I start the camera app, it does position itself in the landscape mode with incorrect left/right stereo alignment. At least this is how the initial dialog box (in case it's displayed) is shown (I guess I was guided by the box's position to choose what's up and what's down, and not really the book-case in the first place). It's the position where the device's on/off/standby button is at the top, and volume at the bottom; on the screen, settings bar is on the left, photo/video switch and trigger on the right. This is how I've always been holding it.
    Turning it 180 degrees (on the screen you get: trigger on the left, settings bar on the right), you get the correct left/right mic alignments (and the initial dialox box would be upside down).
    04-18-2013 03:58 PM