SOLVED: Motorola S10 HD Bluetooth Headphones doesnt play media audio

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Brand new pair and they pair up to the note 2. I'm connected cause I can control the music player but no audio into the headphones only external speaker plays. They work for phone calls, I can hear while in a call This is baffling me! Tried a reset also. they paired with my S3 and Nexus 10 and audio from them with no problem. Does anyone else have this setup and do they work?

Last edited:

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Motorola S10 HD Bluetooth Headphones doesnt play media audio

just did a factory reset on the note 2 to see if there was a software problem but no dice! still no audio but calls work fine

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I would check the settings in Bluetooth while there connected. Check the connection to ensure media is selected. If still no dice I would exchange or even return them could be a defective pair.

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

I would check the settings in Bluetooth while there connected. Check the connection to ensure media is selected. If still no dice I would exchange or even return them could be a defective pair.
Good advice and we tried that.
Not sure if we have a deflective pair since they work fine on 3 other devices we have in the house. could they have a software problem with the note 2 that might be defined as defective?
Can anyone confirm that these actually do work with the Note 2?

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

Would this maybe a problem that the phone is rooted with a stock rooted rom? not sure which one ot was since it was a while ago. Maybe we will go to the Verizon store and see if the headset connects to there display unit..then we will know if its the phone or not and if it is then it must be the ROM and not the hardware..i hope...
Sound like a plan?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I had that headset and it worked perfectly with my N2. I exchanged it only because it was too tight on my head. The S-11 fit better for me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Did you toggle the option in the music player to output audio over bluetooth or through phone speakers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

Found the problem! We tried the headphones at the Verizon store and they worked. So we knew that it was the phone. Found that it was the root injected stock rom we were running. Returned to stock using instructions on xda and using the alternate stock file since it was running the latest ota and we couldn't overwrite the sboot.bin file. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site

i've had those working on all sorts of rooted roms in the past...

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Found the problem! We tried the headphones at the Verizon store and they worked. So we knew that it was the phone. Found that it was the root injected stock rom we were running. Returned to stock using instructions on xda and using the alternate stock file since it was running the latest ota and we couldn't overwrite the sboot.bin file. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Great to hear that you found the problem.

amodi al amodi

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody
I got problem in the iPhone when call it is ok there is sound but while playing video no sound in my sound max Bluetooth headset
Please help
Tank in advance