Getting the full experience

ankoil

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
After months of deciding which phones to get. I got Note II on contract in December, and another Z10 contract last month. Only been using the Z10 as an iPod mostly atm. Anyway, since having the the Note II, I haven't done much customization wise and stuff. Just got a live wallpaper and downloaded a lot of apps that I don't use, they also create a lot ads... I was thinking, do people recommend launchers? Widgets? The only custom thing I've done is try a few keyboards and bought Swift Key half price, and an Otterbox case. Is rooting necessary?

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
After months of deciding which phones to get. I got Note II on contract in December, and another Z10 contract last month. Only been using the Z10 as an iPod mostly atm. Anyway, since having the the Note II, I haven't done much customization wise and stuff. Just got a live wallpaper and downloaded a lot of apps that I don't use, they also create a lot ads... I was thinking, do people recommend launchers? Widgets? The only custom thing I've done is try a few keyboards and bought Swift Key half price. Is rooting necessary?
Really has to be a personal preference on your part but I can tell you based on what you say you are using it for, I would not do any rooting at this time? WHY?

ankoil

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I dunno. To block ads I guess? I just downloaded adblocker for non rooted devices. Only works when I'm connected to a wifi connection though.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You will find some apps will not work if they detect that you are using an ad blocker. Hulu plus is an example.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ankoil

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Oh right, I guess I'll have to delete some apps that is causing them then. It's very irritating to be watching something, and an ad interrupts it to tellme about shopping vouchers.