05-07-2016 03:26 PM
53 123
tools
    But these two cables are the same product -- the white Samsung cable you get when you buy the white Samsung 2.0a travel charger for the Note 2.
    Maybe the older one has built some resistance up...

E = I x R
    Energy = intensity x resistance
    Or put in lame mans terms...

Volts = amps x ohms

The equation can be put any different way, and maybe just maybe the full 2.0 amps isn't reaching the phone. Have access to a multimeter with an amperage reading?

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    jammyd likes this.
    04-25-2013 07:54 PM

E = I x R

Volts = amps x ohms

The equation can be put any different way, and maybe just maybe the full 2.0 amps isn't reaching the phone. Have access to a multimeter with an amperage reading?

If that's so, then the "older" one was shipped that way because it was bought only a month earlier. I haven't had a multimeter in ages. I'm not sure how I'd use one with micro USB anyway (i.e., where I'd find the polarities).
    04-26-2013 06:07 AM
    The only accurate multimeter for amps I've found had clamps on the end, the would go around the wire...

04-26-2013 07:19 PM
    Crazy! I NEVER would have thought that it was the cable. Mine started taking like 8 to 10 hours to charge ... it was roughly at the same time I rooted my phone so I was sure it had to do with that. Then, after reading this thread, I switched the cable out (not the wall-charger part) from the original samsung that came with my phone to a random nook cable that i had, and it charged in 2+ hours!
    05-13-2013 01:54 AM
    The white usb cable that came with my phone is junk. Falls out of the phone port so freakin easily. I got a 5 pack of 10ft cables off eBay for like $8. Work like a gem. The freedom of the 10ft cord is nice as well

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    05-13-2013 09:09 PM

E = I x R

Volts = amps x ohms

You can use an app like battery monitor widget to see amperage.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    05-14-2013 08:50 AM
    I was having the same problem. ....turns out the charging cable (the original) was bad. I got a replacement in store (ifrogz brand) and it charges quickly

from my GALAXY NOTE II
    05-14-2013 08:59 AM
    I wouldnt say bad but you gotta understand that not all usb cables are the same and the wires inside the cable while small maybe slightly different gauges and can therefore pipe more power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    05-14-2013 09:57 AM
    I would expect this problem from a cheap knock off. .. but not from the original equipment within the first three months

from my GALAXY NOTE II
    05-14-2013 10:06 AM
    My girl friend had this issue. Alot of times its your battery. If your charging it for like 20 or 30 minutes at a time the battery may get worn out easy. I told her to start charging it only when she's sleeping. She charged it until it was completely charged. It eventually got to where she would go a whole wprk day without charging her phone. I work 12 hrs and I stopped caring my charger.
    06-16-2013 09:37 PM
    my samsung note2 have the same problem you have. its getting 8 hrs to charge. i use my frnds charger, but its getting same time??? why this happend???
    06-18-2013 09:45 AM
    I had the same issue with My Note 2.
    The issue is with Samsung's stock cable.
    Every micro USB cable doesn't work fine with note 2.
    I have tried connecting a variety of cables.
    Nokia CA 101 and Sony Ericsson EC600R works perfectly fine.
    07-29-2013 11:09 PM
    Im currently having the same friggin problem now.. it takes 12 fukin hours to have it at full.. ima try to change the cable later.
    08-11-2013 05:46 AM
    Yeah it seems changing the micro USB cable solves the issue every time.

I haven't had to but if for some reason I notice my Note 2 taking any longer then 3 hours to charge from nearly dead to full. It's the first thing I'll do.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4
    08-11-2013 09:31 AM
    I dont think dis is normal but my note 2 after 4 months of use takes about 7 hours to charge even when I poweroff and charge it..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Mine charges in no time and the battery seems like it last forever. Example tonight I went from 18% to 85% in an hour. That was a few hours ago and with use my battery currently reads 81%!
    08-12-2013 09:34 PM
    My girl friend had this issue. Alot of times its your battery. If your charging it for like 20 or 30 minutes at a time the battery may get worn out easy. I told her to start charging it only when she's sleeping. She charged it until it was completely charged. It eventually got to where she would go a whole wprk day without charging her phone. I work 12 hrs and I stopped caring my charger.
    I rarely let my phone fall under 15-20% charge and always charge it to 85% - once a month I will do a drain and charge it all the way up and I consider myself a heavy user and having to charge my phone once every two days. These charging issues are most likely either charging cable related or if you have had the note for a long period of time could be in need of replacing the battery.
    08-12-2013 09:40 PM
    I m facing same problem.
    11-25-2013 09:25 AM
    It might also be downloaded apps (or updates) that keep on running in the background. Specially ones that use the wifi or mobile data. I tried returning my device to factory settings and it seemed to solve the same problem with my phone. I never figured out which one it is but I didn't reinstall everything.
    12-06-2013 07:39 PM
    Hi all,
    I'm facing the same problem after 6 months. I chrged for full night and getting only 30%. I'm using the original samsung cable and the charger supplied by Samsung.
    12-19-2013 11:50 PM
    Try an aftermarket charger, the Galaxy series charges go bad, fast.
    12-20-2013 12:30 AM
    Hi.. recently my Note 2 charging started slowing down on the original (white) charger and cable set, after about 8 months of pretty much daily use. I use a third party charger at my workdesk (the one that came with my plantronics legend) and a retailer's brand when travelling (this one comes with 2 USB ports, helps me charge both phone and headset). It's always been fast on the plantronics and retail charger (about three hours), even after the original charger slowed down. But today, it's slow on the plantronics charger as well.

Since the behaviour is across multiple charger/cable combinations, could this be due to battery degrade? Time to change batter maybe? Curiously, charge life is pretty OK.. maybe 90% of what it was when new.

Any ideas please?

Gopal
    03-01-2014 10:53 PM
    Have you tried restarting the phone

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    03-01-2014 11:31 PM
    I recently had a similar experience, after reading many posts I took a look at the connector that goes into the phone . It had both back spring clips flattened from repeated uses. I used a needle and lifted the pin springs. I returned it to charge my phone that was at 74% after 8 hrs of charging. It charge to 100% in 15 minutes. This was a good day
    07-05-2014 12:50 PM
    Crazy! I NEVER would have thought that it was the cable. Mine started taking like 8 to 10 hours to charge ... it was roughly at the same time I rooted my phone so I was sure it had to do with that. Then, after reading this thread, I switched the cable out (not the wall-charger part) from the original samsung that came with my phone to a random nook cable that i had, and it charged in 2+ hours!
    01-16-2015 07:06 PM
    Hi am using galaxy note 2 n7100
    In India. Sometimes my battery drains faster and sometimes it comes till one complete day. ..
    I don't find the root cause

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-18-2015 10:32 AM
53 123