My Note 2 is over 3 weeks old. It's the GT-N7100 one. My question is that will charging it overnight harm the phone? I usually put it on around 11:30pm and take it off at 7 am. Does leaving it on the charger even after its fully charged create a problem?

Sent From My Note 2.
    04-19-2013 01:32 AM
    No it does not. You are safe.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    kkapoorr and TheOtherBill like this.
    04-19-2013 04:28 AM
    In need of a second opinion. Anyone?

Sent From My Note 2.
    04-20-2013 09:25 AM
    I put mine on when going to bed and take it off when I wake and have had no battery issues at all I got mine on release to 3 UK.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    kkapoorr likes this.
    04-20-2013 09:53 AM
    Nope. Most people charge their phones overnight.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    kkapoorr likes this.
    04-20-2013 11:24 AM
    Most devices these days have a smart charging circuit built in to the device. They are designed so they cant be overcharged. Lipo batteries are very bad and can go boom if something like this ever happened. So something must be built in to prevent this.

Lipo's batteries can hold enormous charges for extended period of times but due to the chemical makeup inside them make them more volatile. However, if you have owned basically any smart phone with in the last 5 years they should have all had lipo batteries. This phone is no different and its charging method is a standard met but all by all manufacturers.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
    return_0 and kkapoorr like this.
    04-20-2013 02:11 PM
    Most devices these days have a smart charging circuit built in to the device. They are designed so they cant be overcharged. Lipo batteries are very bad and can go boom if something like this ever happened. So something must be built in to prevent this.
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
    What if this smart charging circuit fails one day when I'm asleep? Then the battery might also fail. :banghead:

Sent From My Note 2.
    04-20-2013 09:34 PM
    What if this smart charging circuit fails one day when I'm asleep? Then the battery might also fail. :banghead:
    What if your phones CPU fails? GPU fails? etc.

Hardware eventually fails so you shouldn't stop using your device because of it.
    kkapoorr likes this.
    04-20-2013 09:41 PM

Sent From My Note 2.
    You're over thinking it. If your phone is going to fail it's going to fail. Leaving it on the charger over night is not going to hurt it.
    You could always get yourself a spare battery with a charging dock and swap batteries each morning.
    04-21-2013 02:03 AM
    I would recommend turning off your phone, then charging it.

Sent from my XOOM.
    04-21-2013 06:40 AM
    Your phone will turn off the charge current when the battery is fully charged. If this fails then your battery has a built in safety feature that will prevent overheating/overcharging. Basically the battery will commit suicide.

http://www.batteryfacts.co.uk/Batter...ionCiruit.html

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Android Central Forums
    kkapoorr likes this.
    04-21-2013 08:35 AM
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-2013 11:47 AM

Sent from my XOOM.
    The only thing this will do is charge your phone faster. Thos method wont change anything as far as a faulty battery or charging circuit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-2013 11:49 AM

Sent from my XOOM.
    No; that would only make charging slower (since the kernel can't activate fast charge).

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    kkapoorr likes this.
    04-21-2013 11:51 AM
    The phones have a smart charge circuit in them that allow for fast charge, trickle charge once meeting adequate charge levels to maintain charge level and prevent overcharging.

The only thing that I have read and been warned about was using the phone for extended time while on charge. The input/output cycle of the phone attempting to charge the battery at the same time the phone is trying to use energy from the battery during use can, I've been told, cause the battery to swell. That being said, I do make short calls when in my vehicle and I tend to leave it on the charger when driving(using a 5v/2.1amp car charger) and can't really say I've had negative effects to it. I was recently having some strange charging, erratic behavior issues with it, but after taking it apart and finding a ribbon cable not plugged in properly, seems to have cleared that up.
    04-21-2013 03:03 PM
    The phones have a smart charge circuit in them that allow for fast charge, trickle charge once meeting adequate charge levels to maintain charge level and prevent overcharging.

The only thing that I have read and been warned about was using the phone for extended time while on charge. The input/output cycle of the phone attempting to charge the battery at the same time the phone is trying to use energy from the battery during use can, I've been told, cause the battery to swell. That being said, I do make short calls when in my vehicle and I tend to leave it on the charger when driving(using a 5v/2.1amp car charger) and can't really say I've had negative effects to it. I was recently having some strange charging, erratic behavior issues with it, but after taking it apart and finding a ribbon cable not plugged in properly, seems to have cleared that up.
    Never experienced that... had a car dock with my photon, screen stays on while charging, no problems. Phone still works like new...

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    04-21-2013 08:50 PM
    I leave my phone plugged in in may car dock and use it for 3 hours at the same time everyday and I have no issues at all.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    04-23-2013 06:15 AM
    I have been charging my cellphones over night for 10 years as the primary charging time, and have never had an issue with a battery, heat, or phone battery life.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2
    zmann and ScandaLeX like this.
    04-23-2013 06:52 AM