Looking for a nice analog clock widget

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for a nice analog clock widget to put on my home-screen, as I don't really like the stock one. Can anyone recommend me some options? (and I'd just want a simple analog clock, meaning I don't want the installation to ask for obnoxious permissions such as full network access, phone status, contacts, accounts etc.)

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for a nice analog clock widget to put on my home-screen, as I don't really like the stock one. Can anyone recommend me some options? (and I'd just want a simple analog clock, meaning I don't want the installation to ask for obnoxious permissions such as full network access, phone status, contacts, accounts etc.)

Hd widgets my friend. There is a reason it is editors choice on the play store. Great widget selection and the clock app selection is second to none I think. Analog or digital, countless color choices and innumerable possible combinations. Personally, I just keep hitting randomize until it picks something I like. Her is a screenshot of why I like it. Clicking on each part od the widget does something different.
3uje4y5e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Ive found that most every app asks for all sorts of permissions. Does bother me in the slightest and as long as you are closing apps when you are done with them instead of just suspending them it shouldnt be a problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I'll have a look into that one too. I agree about the permissions. But by "closing" you probably mean killing them (with any task manager available), as not all apps support "exit" of some sort? Problem is that killing won't work with all of them -- they tend to restart. I'm still checking out how to control autoruns on (re)boot, at least to gain as much control as I have in Windows. I have two cloud storage providers that seem to be running in the background at all times, although I don't need them at all times, and that's just the beginning.