I have a strange bug on my Note 2. Screen changes orientation just fine for something like 20 hours, but after that, strange things happen. I can only change screen orientation when I'm in Dolphin Browser (it's the only app where it works). When I shutdown Dolphin in Landscape, every app inlcuding Settings, Twitter, SMS etc. is in Landscape, and when I shutdown Dolphin in Portrait, every app is also in Portrait.

I'm on unrooted 4.2.1, using nova launcher. Is there anything I can do to fix it, or should I get it repaired at a service?
    04-20-2013 07:55 AM
    I have a strange bug on my Note 2. Screen changes orientation just fine for something like 20 hours, but after that, strange things happen. I can only change screen orientation when I'm in Dolphin Browser (it's the only app where it works). When I shutdown Dolphin in Landscape, every app inlcuding Settings, Twitter, SMS etc. is in Landscape, and when I shutdown Dolphin in Portrait, every app is also in Portrait.

I'm on unrooted 4.2.1, using nova launcher. Is there anything I can do to fix it, or should I get it repaired at a service?
    Well first of all if you are using 4.2.1 then you absolutely must be rooted because that particular firmware isnt even out yet. If, however, it was a typing error and you mean to say 4.1.2 then I will continue on to the next question.

I have had the phone for 6 and half months and for the most part I have no glitches. Realize this, does the the phone go landscape on the homescreens using touchwiz? No it doesnt. When using a 3rd party laucher which forces landscape mode then yes it will. But this is a custom app not any officially supported app by samsung as an entity. If any glitches happen its best to bring them up to the software designer of said launcher. This is not a warranty claim item nor is it a repair problem. If the phone is not meant to do something in a stock condition then nothing is technically wrong with the phone, but with the aftermarket software in use.

Having that, with the release of 4.1.2 awhile back a few bugs were released along with it. Things with rotation and less battery life came along with it. This could be an overall android issue or it could be a touchwiz issue, either way its strictly a software issue at this point and will most likely be fixed with our next software release.

I apologize for my rant, I know ALOT of people are new to the phone and it being as popular as it is there will be many question about is my phone broke and other things like that. If you are using anything custom and things arent working right like you think they should. Go back to stock without launcher. If, stock things are working like they should then nothing is wrong with hardware.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
    04-20-2013 02:35 PM
    Well first of all if you are using 4.2.1 then you absolutely must be rooted because that particular firmware isnt even out yet. If, however, it was a typing error and you mean to say 4.1.2 then I will continue on to the next question.

I have had the phone for 6 and half months and for the most part I have no glitches. Realize this, does the the phone go landscape on the homescreens using touchwiz? No it doesnt. When using a 3rd party laucher which forces landscape mode then yes it will. But this is a custom app not any officially supported app by samsung as an entity. If any glitches happen its best to bring them up to the software designer of said launcher. This is not a warranty claim item nor is it a repair problem. If the phone is not meant to do something in a stock condition then nothing is technically wrong with the phone, but with the aftermarket software in use.

Having that, with the release of 4.1.2 awhile back a few bugs were released along with it. Things with rotation and less battery life came along with it. This could be an overall android issue or it could be a touchwiz issue, either way its strictly a software issue at this point and will most likely be fixed with our next software release.

I apologize for my rant, I know ALOT of people are new to the phone and it being as popular as it is there will be many question about is my phone broke and other things like that. If you are using anything custom and things arent working right like you think they should. Go back to stock without launcher. If, stock things are working like they should then nothing is wrong with hardware.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
    +1

Also you can email the developer of the launcher and describe your issue. I have found most developers to be very responsive.
    04-21-2013 09:08 PM